IMPORTANT Your privacy is our priority!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past weeks we have seen a rise in scamming and so called 'hacked' accounts. We want to warn each of you to be careful with your account to avoid losing any of your items.

Our staff team will never ask you for any personal details.

The staff team will never, ever ask you for your password. Your password is personal and completely secret. We have no use of knowing your password. It's completely safe and is actually encrypted in our database. Your password is never shown without encryption and the database has no outside access apart from Barney. Even the database backups have encryption. Your password has never been stored on any cache of the script. We wouldn't even be able to compare it if it were for an account recovery; we simply go in-game and reset your password, without knowing your current password. Keep the password for yourself and make sure it is unique.

Staff members will never sell any kind of in-game items besides the donation page. Never accept any of these deals and if someone offers you a deal, report them to one of our staff members. You can recognize staff members by their tags. If a user asks you for your password or any personal information and doesn’t have an administrative tag, then please ignore them and report them for impersonating staff members. This can be done here.

Never enter your password outside of Lawless Roleplay.

Recently several Lawless Roleplay community members have fallen victim to phishing attacks. These are emails, websites or people that ask you to reply with your username and password “due to account maintenance”, “free donations”, or ask you to go to a non-Lawless website and to log in.

These websites are always fake and are attempting to steal your account. The information you send them will be redirected to the website owner and they will log-in on your account. We have no reason to be giving out large sums of random items without letting you know.

Last but not least, we highly recommend you to have a unique password. Never use your in-game password on another server, don’t make it too simple for these who try to ruin your personal belongings.

Your privacy is our priority!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Barney

Management
Apr 11, 2013
Around 60% of the time, these hacked accounts are a result of using the same password used on Lawless Roleplay on another server. We strongly recommend that you don't use the same password on other servers. :banghead:

Reactions: 4 people

vikoss

Hustler
Jul 24, 2013
Vikos_Walker
Around 60% of the time, these hacked accounts are a result of using the same password used on Lawless Roleplay on another server. We strongly recommend that you don't use the same password on other servers. :banghead:
So there still 40% that player lose account these are bugs and hacks right? because my account was hacked 1 time....

John

Retired Admin
Apr 16, 2013
John_Williams
So there still 40% that player lose account these are bugs and hacks right? because my account was hacked 1 time....

As said your Lawless account cannot get hacked since we have a 512 bit encryption. Only ways you can lose your account is: You filled in your password at a phising site, gave out your password or used it on another server.

Remember we always try to recover your account if you lost it by bug or any other reason stated above (except from giving out your password).

vikoss

Hustler
Jul 24, 2013
Vikos_Walker
As said your Lawless account cannot get hacked since we have a 512 bit encryption. Only ways you can lose your account is: You filled in your password at a phising site, gave out your password or used it on another server.

Remember we always try to recover your account if you lost it by bug or any other reason stated above (except from giving out your password).
uhmm.... thank for that info bro :p

Chedly

Retired Admin
Aug 23, 2014
Chedly_Neo
You guys mean my account went for nothing :( :jawdrop: my life is done. i'll suicide after some minutes. Cya!

Reactions: 2 people
Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Taylor
My password is football :)
My password is :cow:!

For the sake of the lord don't let us repeat ourselves. Don't give out your password, ever, to anyone. Doesn't matter where or when you'll never get anything good from giving any site your pass!

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.