1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, please to gain full access to the Lawless Roleplay Community.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John Community Manager Advisor Donator

Character Name:
    John_Williams
    You are free to go wherever you want, but please, don't use the same password for your own secuirity!!

2. Amri

Amri Retired Admin

Character Name:
    Amri_Mill
    kk john met ze speech

nice shit

3. Wesson

Wesson Retired Admin

Character Name:
    Eric_Wesson
    What if someone asks if I'm single? Or even worse... Ask about my sexuality?

4. John

John Community Manager Advisor Donator

Character Name:
    John_Williams
    [​IMG]

Be honest

5. Aidan

Aidan

Character Name:
    Aidan_Griffin
    I use the same password on other servers but of course I make sure that that server has encryption too such as famous servers ;)

6. Viresh

Viresh

Character Name:
    Viresh_Ramcharan
    Accounts cant get hacked, its due to your own stupidity and they shouldnt resolve administrative requests imo

Thank you for reading my post I truely appreciate that you took your time to read it. I thank you again my beloved Lawless Roleplay player and member of the community.

7. Agent 49

Agent 49 Guest

keyloggers, RATs, cookie stealing - do u know about these ser ? ( not trying to be scornful )

8. Viresh

Viresh

Character Name:
    Viresh_Ramcharan
    Its your own fault kf you download some crazy file right

thats like taking the risk and crying because u got the worse of it

Thank you for reading my post I truely appreciate that you took your time to read it. I thank you again my beloved Lawless Roleplay player and member of the community.

9. Agent 49

Agent 49 Guest

ye u got a point, but if i was to infect someone, i'd make sure he gets the file (no matter how ;) )

10. Lilly

Lilly Retired Admin

Character Name:
    Balbo_Baggins
    Just some information for those who want specifics and some corrections;
    • Accounts CAN be hacked, but it is very rare and I don't think people really want to waste time and resources hacking accounts for a game (External viruses could be used to potentially gain access to accounts as well - use antivirus software and scan frequently)
    • Passwords are hashed, not 'encrypted' (common misconception - hashing is 1-way and cannot be reversed, encrypting is 2-way and requires a key to reverse the result to the input)

Other than that, I completely agree with your original post. Another place for some advice on security that I find is informative (although not related to Lawless, it does provide some information that with a little bit of thought can be related to Lawless) is over at battle.net. Enjoy and stay internet safe guys!

EDIT: You may also wish to view this webpage also found on battle.net with some detailed explanations of different virus forms & anti-virus programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.