Server Property Disputes, Land Placement and Building/ Business Regulations

Barney

Management
Donator
Apr 11, 2013
Just to be clear, other players are not able to see property disputes (where players report property owners in violation of rules) however everyone can see the property dispute resolution center for transparency.

Reactions: troy kingz
Feb 24, 2014
Tiger_Valentin
The property that was placed there first has rights over the property that was placed there last. That was an awkward way of saying it. The newer property would have the dispute. This is based on the internal property creation date in the database.
Lets take a scenario, I buy a business/land who has an ID of 1. After sometime it gets changed from 1 to 5. How you gonna detect that which business/land was placed first? You will search for ID 1 or ID 5 in your database?

Jaim

Retired Admin
Donator
Old-School 2014
Apr 24, 2014
jaim_kappa
As long as the resolution is completely fair for the business owners I can see this change being reasonable. 25 yards (25 running steps) is quite a long distance and there are a lot of businesses which violate this condition all over Los Santos.

I just hope that owners won't be having to move their businesses somewhere in San Fierro or in the middle of nowhere as a last resort. No one will want to donate for a business if someone has already taken up the good locations and owns the rights to that particular location.

Typical scenario - Someone joins Lawless in 2019 and wants to donate for a gunstore at paintball-> oops-> he sees that a player has donated a gunstore in 2014 and the 2014 player owns all the rights to that location with a radius of 25 yards. Even though there are many empty doors available to place a business ->New player decides not to donate for a gunstore.

If that happens then new business donations will have to be forced outside the player-active areas (e.g paintball, turfs,etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: HankS
Dec 28, 2016
Mazzy_Thomax
It’s good to know, fair enough.. good approach to resolve an issue.. however I don’t think it’s fair that people have to move things away and there should be reasonable approaches to some things to keep a property in a location. @Barney -.. As some people gave a certain amount for specifically that location.

Last edited:

Barney

Management
Donator
Apr 11, 2013
Lets take a scenario, I buy a business/land who has an ID of 1. After sometime it gets changed from 1 to 5. How you gonna detect that which business/land was placed first? You will search for ID 1 or ID 5 in your database?

In game IDs change all the time, we have an internal indemnification number that doesn’t and that is what we will be using.

As long as the resolution is completely fair for the business owners I can see this change being reasonable. 25 yards (25 running steps) is quite a long distance and there are a lot of businesses which violate this condition all over Los Santos.

I just hope that owners won't be having to move their businesses somewhere in San Fierro or in the middle of nowhere as a last resort. No one will want to donate for a business if someone has already taken up the good locations and owns the rights to that particular location.

Typical scenario - Someone joins Lawless in 2019 and wants to donate for a gunstore at paintball-> oops-> he sees that a player has donated a gunstore in 2014 and the 2014 player owns all the rights to that location. New player decides not to donate for a gunstore.

If that happens then new business donations will have to be forced outside the player-active areas (e.g paintball, turfs,etc)

Our aim is not to let people to place properties anywhere and overcrowd the server.

Feb 24, 2014
Tiger_Valentin
What if someone has over 5,10 businesses placed on his land and they are coming in 25 yards ofc. What you gonna do about them? You gonna give him 4,9 business moves or you will delete those businesses and will refund him for each business?
Same question for lands next to each other.

Jul 6, 2016
What if someone has over 5,10 businesses placed on his land and they are coming in 25 yards ofc. What you gonna do about them? You gonna give him 4,9 business moves or you will delete those businesses and will refund him for each business?
Haha I forgot about your pizza land you got like 10 housed and bizs there

Reactions: Tiger™

Jaim

Retired Admin
Donator
Old-School 2014
Apr 24, 2014
jaim_kappa

Same question here

I have 8 gun stores in AEC turf all within 25 yards of each other.

What are the available options to the business owners if/when a dispute is made?

Barney

Management
Donator
Apr 11, 2013
Same question here

I have 8 gun stores in AEC turf all within 25 yards of each other.

What are the available options to the business owners if/when a dispute is made?

As I said, we will work directly with the property owner to resolve any issues. The resolution will always be in favour of both the owner and the server.