News Lawless Roleplay - help us stay alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawless Roleplay has always been a server against the odds. When we first opened our doors in 2013, everyone expected us to fail. However, we hit over 100 players and despite the numerous attacks which kept us offline for a few days, players kept on coming - they couldn't get enough. Fast forward today, Lawless Roleplay has been open for 6 years and for the past 2 years people have been claiming that Lawless Roleplay is dying, closing and failing. Yet we remain online with a striving and active player base.

I am personally going through a very rough time in real life for the past 2 years however the support and love I received from the community made me realise despite all the harsh words and arguments - you guys are a bunch of good people. I want to provide you with a safe, stable and fun community where you can unwind and enjoy your time at Lawless Roleplay.

Since the start of 2019, we closed the donation store which meant that I had to personally pay $400 a month to keep the server online. In the past few months, this has been a real struggle for me. With all the reasons above combined, I have been very demotivated to spend any time on the community and with the risk of closing down last month, I got to see so many community members step up and offer their help in keeping the server online. This melted my heart to see people who were willing to really step up to keep the server online so they and their friends can continue having fun.

As a result, I have opened the new donation store up and offering a 30% discount on all items until Sunday 25 August 2019 using coupon code "LONGLIVELRP".

store_advert.jpg

Your donations are guaranteed, if we do not meet our monthly quota ($400) and are unable to pay the monthly fees, the server will be closed and you will be refunded 100% of your donation automatically. However, I believe the community won't let that happen.

If this is proven successful and the community can hold the burden of paying server bills then I will be more inclined to update the server more frequently with new features, bug fixes and adjustments.

Thank you,
Barney Phife

Jaim

Retired Admin
Donator
Old-School 2014
Apr 24, 2014
jaim_kappa
Players would like to know what they are donating for

Players have always donated for the costs of running Lawless, and getting the donation perks was just a bonus.

The question as it stands now is where our donation money is going and what is the real cost of our server and website.

It's not so hard to post some receipts of payments and get us all to stop doubting him. Once I see proof that Lawless costs $400 USD to run per month, I'll start donating again, not a day before.

Oct 3, 2017
Vincent_Orlando
Players have always donated for the costs of running Lawless, and getting the donation perks was just a bonus.

The question as it stands now is where our donation money is going and what is the real cost of our server and website.

It's not so hard to post some receipts of payments and get us all to stop doubting him. Once I see proof that Lawless costs $400 USD to run per month, I'll start donating again, not a day before.

No matter how much of a bullshit barney says or provide us, we’re not coming back. Players made billions of suggestions and almost very little to none came to life. Since the start I didn’t expect much from barney. IT’S THE PLAYERS THAT MADE THE GAME FUN. Now that you have no bitches that play the game, “Updates” are unnecessary now, and don’t ask us for shit, If you’re struggling over a “game” close it, shut LAWLESS the fuck down.

Last edited:

Raz

Management
Old-School 2015
Jul 7, 2016

that’s what I mean, if the server gets updates it’ll bring more donations, as we see what we are donating for - a good active server which is actually being updated.

Pako

Retired Admin
Feb 22, 2014
Let's just assume the $400 was donated, the server still wouldn't be any better neither with updates coming in, the community is not stable at all compared to the other server. So many suggestions that actually were good and useful, but still not approved. Barney always pulled out his own suggestions and gave it a try, some were kept some removed.

The issue is the admin team isn't stable at all, so many admins were blacklisted from joining the team and yet again you see them pop up. I can mention so much from my past management, Barney isn't a stable owner no matter what you guys say. He's gone for 6 months and comes back telling everyone to do this, not knowing what the fuck is going on while Toom and I did everything, he was the issue basically. Took him weeks to do the donations, imagine having Toompert as his loyal management since he joined and still doesn't have the access to do donation because of Barney's trust issues. Barney never listens, he does his own thing and when we complain he comes with bullshit.

So many opportunities he missed and didn't listen, now this is the endgame.

I love the server and its features, but the way it goes now is completely his own fault.

Jaim

Retired Admin
Donator
Old-School 2014
Apr 24, 2014
jaim_kappa
Who is this fake Barney messaging me on discord?

TKc3xJu.png

Marcus

Donator
Apr 16, 2013
Let's just assume the $400 was donated, the server still wouldn't be any better neither with updates coming in, the community is not stable at all compared to the other server. So many suggestions that actually were good and useful, but still not approved. Barney always pulled out his own suggestions and gave it a try, some were kept some removed.

The issue is the admin team isn't stable at all, so many admins were blacklisted from joining the team and yet again you see them pop up. I can mention so much from my past management, Barney isn't a stable owner no matter what you guys say. He's gone for 6 months and comes back telling everyone to do this, not knowing what the fuck is going on while Toom and I did everything, he was the issue basically. Took him weeks to do the donations, imagine having Toompert as his loyal management since he joined and still doesn't have the access to do donation because of Barney's trust issues. Barney never listens, he does his own thing and when we complain he comes with bullshit.

So many opportunities he missed and didn't listen, now this is the endgame.

I love the server and its features, but the way it goes now is completely his own fault.

retards need to realize this shit

Pako

Retired Admin
Feb 22, 2014
You were part of management, does anyone in the management team know how much Lawless costs to run? Was this info ever shared?
You guys have already figured it out, any human beings know how much it does to run a server. It's just sad to see how far down Lawless has gone too, asking players to donate to make sure it's alive and online, as there's anything fun or good to do in-game. There's literally no players online anymore, it went from a cool and chill server to dogshit because of the decisions Barney made without the managements call. I said it in my previous post, he doesn't listen and basically takes his own decisions.

Reactions: ELLHNAS
Status
Not open for further replies.