News Lawless Roleplay - help us stay alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawless Roleplay has always been a server against the odds. When we first opened our doors in 2013, everyone expected us to fail. However, we hit over 100 players and despite the numerous attacks which kept us offline for a few days, players kept on coming - they couldn't get enough. Fast forward today, Lawless Roleplay has been open for 6 years and for the past 2 years people have been claiming that Lawless Roleplay is dying, closing and failing. Yet we remain online with a striving and active player base.

I am personally going through a very rough time in real life for the past 2 years however the support and love I received from the community made me realise despite all the harsh words and arguments - you guys are a bunch of good people. I want to provide you with a safe, stable and fun community where you can unwind and enjoy your time at Lawless Roleplay.

Since the start of 2019, we closed the donation store which meant that I had to personally pay $400 a month to keep the server online. In the past few months, this has been a real struggle for me. With all the reasons above combined, I have been very demotivated to spend any time on the community and with the risk of closing down last month, I got to see so many community members step up and offer their help in keeping the server online. This melted my heart to see people who were willing to really step up to keep the server online so they and their friends can continue having fun.

As a result, I have opened the new donation store up and offering a 30% discount on all items until Sunday 25 August 2019 using coupon code "LONGLIVELRP".

store_advert.jpg

Your donations are guaranteed, if we do not meet our monthly quota ($400) and are unable to pay the monthly fees, the server will be closed and you will be refunded 100% of your donation automatically. However, I believe the community won't let that happen.

If this is proven successful and the community can hold the burden of paying server bills then I will be more inclined to update the server more frequently with new features, bug fixes and adjustments.

Thank you,
Barney Phife

Status
Not open for further replies.