- Apr 11, 2013
- Reaction score
At Lawless Roleplay, one of our biggest desires and goals is to provide a very stable and smooth experience for all our members. This includes dealings with administrators, helpers and even reaches our website. Our website has been updated to meet modern standards which comes bundled with a bag of bug fixes and new feature additions. We are always dedicated to a bug free and smooth community weather it is our staff, website, game servers or teamspeak.
Update DetailsToday, we are excited to release XenForo 1.4, the first supported version in the XenForo 1.4 series. This release builds on previous versions of XenForo to add new features and bug fixes. Please see upgrade information below.
The new features in XenForo 1.4 include:
- Selective quoting
- Automated bounce email handling
- Sitemap XML generation
- Inline moderation in search results
- Author alerts for moderator actions
- Thread reply bans
- Custom help pages
- Online status indicator in messages
- Polling improvements
Administrators are now immune to being warned however moderators can now be warned Fixed a small issue with the HTML codes in custom user titles
Bug fix Details
* - Fix backwards compatibility/deprecation issue in PHP 5.6 * - Fix logging of password changes in the user change log * - Attempt to prevent links to proxy.php being inserted into posts in certain cases * - Ensure that links that do go to proxy.php in posts are considered external * - Fix situation where search grouping is lost when replaying a search * - Fix editor menu icon positioning in RTL * - Fix tooltip positioning over certain avatars in RTL * - Do not notify users of new posts while drafting a response when the only new posts are by users they ignore * - Support navigation "counter" bubbles on extra tabs without menus * - Prevent double HTML encoding in report resolution/rejection alerts * - Fix issues with IE not always changing the selected image in the lightbox * - Fix drag and drop upload into the editor when dragging from the download bar in Chrome on Mac * - Fix IPB import issue relating to corrupt poll choices * - Ensure that the smilie cache is rebuilt after the display order is updated * - Ensure that style modification times are updated when style properties in the master style are updated * - Allow user tagging when the @ symbol is proceeded by a single or double quote * - Fix Gravatar fallback URL when using an absolute path to an image directory * - Ensure that debug-only admin navigation entries are not returned by the admin search when they are not viewable * - Ensure that the search minimum word length option only allows values greater than or equal to 1 * - The security issue relates to XML processing. A specially crafted XML file can be used to enact a denial of service attack or potentially read files from the the file system. This type of vulnerability has been identified in many other applications. In XenForo, the risk is mitigated as only authenticated administrators may trigger the XML processing routines; website visitors cannot directly exploit this issue. However, if you import RSS feeds from elsewhere, these could potentially be modified to trigger the issue. As such, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to a patched version as soon as possible. * - Only enqueue the mail queue trigger once in a request to reduce possibility of deadlocks * - Fix forum watch alerts not being sent when a thread needs to be manually approved * - Fix thread prefix selector via Ajax in the admin control panel * - If a media embed key contains censored text, do not embed the media * - Fix autolinking in basic text sources where HTML is accidentally used * - Prevent an error in the phpBB importer when the attachment physical filename is empty/invalid * - Fix potential error with invalid characters from an imported feed * - When importing a feed, do not display duplicate author names * - Remove unnecessary dependency on the discussion preview length option in the multi-quote overlay * - Missed "not" from the facebook_did_not_provide_email phrase, changing the meaning of the text * - Hid the "Identities" section of the contact details page if there were no custom fields that went there * - Added bottom padding to quote text elements to prevent clipping in certain browsers/OSes * - Fixed full screening videos where the iframe had a max-width/height specified * - Fixed tabindex on the login form when registration was disabled * - Hid the message about dragging multi-quote elements around when not supported * - A cross site request forgery (CSRF) issue has been identified in the SWFUpload library that XenForo uses. This issue may allow an attacker to make requests and carry out actions as you or one of your members * - The IP of the user submitting a "Contact Us" form is now displayed in the email sent to the forum contact. * - The "Contact Us" form can use the 1.3-style method of headers with the "Sender info in From header on contact emails" option. This can be useful when sending contact emails to a Gmail account which may not always respect the Reply-To header as expected. * - Added support for Google's new Search Sitelinks mark up. * - When a user has received warnings leading to a ban until the warning points expire, the ban expiration date will now be calculated and displayed to the user. * - Fixed display of the "hamburger" icon in the navigation in iOS8 * - Fix the cursor appearing erroneously after replying to a thread in iOS8 * - Don't autofocus file inputs to avoid iOS8 incompatibilities * - Improve performance of the online status indicator * - Allow years to be selected far in the future in the date picker * - Disable IP resolution on the moderated users list due to performance issues * - Reduce the amount of user information available to the "quick" session activity list to reduce memory issues * - Add a new _getRegistrationInputDataSafe method to the registration controller that caches the _getRegistrationInputData method (which is not idempotent); the new method can be called multiple times * - Check banned status before checking general viewing permissions * - Disable overlay scrolling on absolutely positioned overlays (mostly for mobile devices) * - Fix the date input appearing unexpectedly when clicking cancel in an overlay * - Fix several JS and URL issues relating to running XenForo on an IDN * - Improve pasting of tabular content into the rich text editor * - Fixed editor issue where an entire paragraph could be removed when inserting an auto-completed username * - Disable the rich text editor for Windows Phone due to cursor issues * - Adjust the sitemap builder to lock the files and to flush them to prevent potential corruption * - Fix a timezone-specific issue in the statistics where the final selected day would not always be displayed * - Fix a race condition that could prevent a conversation from being marked as read * - Prevent an SQL error if a user has 65,535 unread alerts * - Prevent an SQL error from overly long warning messages * - Prevent an error when reading bounce messages from empty IMAP mailboxes * - Fixed a situation where the attachment file selector would appear behind the browser window in Firefox * - Fixed a situation where the attachment list wouldn't be hidden when there were no attachments * - Move "inherit" rules outside of style properties/into the extra component when set via the template system * - Fixed tooltip positioning over avatars in the sidebar of the notable members page * - Fixed tooltip positioning for "remove all filters" in the thread list * - Prevent a possible error if using the bulk like removal on an orphaned like * - Updated URLs in the cookie notice describing clearing cookies for some browsers
This release follows our principle that third-point (x.x.X) releases should always be more stable than the preceding version, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).
Power to you...