IMPORTANT Phishing attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently several Lawless Roleplay community members have fallen victim to phishing attacks. These are emails, websites or people that ask you to reply with your username and password “due to account maintenance”, “free donations”, or ask you to go to a non-Lawless website and to log in.

Please remember that no legitimate source will ever ask for your username and password, ever.
No admin will EVER need your password for anything.

When the hackers had usernames and passwords they then logged in and stole user’s accounts. Players have been contacting us that they were promised "free donations", or it was "an admin". Just remember, we will never need your password.

Your security is very important to us, your password is fully encrypted and not accessible to the outside world.

Regards,
Server Management

Reactions: 15 people

Raven Sheen

Retired Admin
Jul 15, 2013
Raven
Yeah, recently one guy sent me the site with 'free donations' ofc i didnt enter it. AND BARNOY SYNC SHOTING BACK PLEASE.

Apr 6, 2014
Vlad_X_Reum
Recently several Lawless Roleplay community members have fallen victim to phishing attacks. These are emails, websites or people that ask you to reply with your username and password “due to account maintenance”, “free donations”, or ask you to go to a non-Lawless website and to log in.

Please remember that no legitimate source will ever ask for your username and password, ever.
No admin will EVER need your password for anything.

When the hackers had usernames and passwords they then logged in and stole user’s accounts. Players have been contacting us that they were promised "free donations", or it was "an admin". Just remember, we will never need your password.

Your security is very important to us, your password is fully encrypted and not accessible to the outside world.

Regards,
Server Management
What about Team Speak 3? I saw many Vlad's on TS3 with Phillipiness flag, LOL. (When I used to be an administrator)

They attempt to scam in very professional way (I'll not state any steps as it is illegal). Do something about that, please :)

I heard that Tony had a plugin/script that blocks their TS3 ID, where has it been?

John

Retired Admin
Apr 16, 2013
John_Williams
What about Team Speak 3? I saw many Vlad's on TS3 with Phillipiness flag, LOL. (When I used to be an administrator)

They attempt to scam in very professional way (I'll not state any steps as it is illegal). Do something about that, please :)

I heard that Tony had a plugin/script that blocks their TS3 ID, where has it been?

If you see such things find an admin in teamspeak and tell em..

Barney

Management
Apr 11, 2013

We will NEVER EVER EVER NEED your password. You can identify us with the admin tags too.

Reactions: 3 people
Sep 15, 2013
Steph_JeWeet

It was just that if a player used an admin name to connect to the TS3 server, he was banned immediately because the admin names were added to the ban list.

Status
Not open for further replies.