One week birthday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZzfSvXr.png

One week update

I didn’t really know what to call this update – I think my creative juice with names is slowly running out and soon we might just give numbers to updates. Anyway, we have been open for about 9 days now – what an amazing 9 days! Once we managed to fight the DDoS attacks, we hit a peak of 130 players on day one – do you know what that signifies? One hundred and thirty! That is huge for a start-up server.

Although, many have been misled by our start up figure to thinking this is a permanent number. You must understand people will join from elsewhere just to check it out – people will hack and get banned, people will leave because they don’t like the style of gameplay and most importantly people just wanted to sniff the air and kick tyres around.

But don’t let that pull you down because the following numbers is what is significant. We now peak at around 70-80 players. All these people left their previous communities, positions elsewhere just to move here and play – they’ve given up their account stats such playing hours, money and respect just to play here. This is really humbling to me and the entire administration team to know that on average we have 300 regular players per day – this is a staggering number to know all these people have quit other places just to be here. I’m speechless – thank you for helping me create the dreamland of a server.

Moving on, the latest update brings a lot of new and cool features. This update was primarily made by Josh Slice who is our new director of scripting. Josh is a very old player and has constantly proven that he strives for the best results in terms of scripting. He is also a level 3 administrator so make sure you bug him to create some whacky events!

c27ef2d9b3.jpg

First up on the menu is the trucker job – it has been completely restructured and is now made up of 10 SKILL LEVELS! Skill level 1-5 is the normal old boring job however skill level 5-10 upgrades your trucking potential to master trucker and allows you drive huge trucks with trailers. This allows store owners to gain up to 12 products per run and truck drivers $1, 000 per run!

0c27dccd09.jpg

We now have player accessible craftable boms! First you need the crafts man job, GPS, watch, a receiver and 16500 materials. Once you have all of the requirements, you craft your bomb and blow shit up! There are a few phrases that you can also say that will blow up the bomb too – real suicide.

d8c2666ad7.jpg

The job system has been completely restructured, legal jobs are no longer cash-in-hand but now you get the money during payday. These legal jobs include lawyer, garbage man, car mechanic, taxi driver and trucker. However, illegal jobs are still cash-in-hand style.

2445f0fe1b.jpg

We also now have a dynamic weather system which adds so much character to the game. If your computer is from 1953 then you can simply type ‘/togweather’. I guess a storm is real close then…

We even have huge bug fixes and minor changes such as gang vehicle mods now save and the gang lock price is now $10, 000. The notoriety system has become more wise and understanding. New hospital spawns positions. /sellgun now has a price option. /buyskin is back for those who cannot view the fancy menu. The old style /vlock is now back for temporary vehicle locks. The fun house for donators is now in-game. Donations now expire automatically.

For more detailed information regarding the update, check this thread out: http://www.lawlessrp.com/topic/28-script-revisions/page-5

Reactions: 5 people

Ali Chemicali

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
george_hanko
Holyshit it keeps getting better, thank you for the great time we already had and lets hope for some sick updates in the future.

Tseard

New Playa
May 2, 2013
Jason Davidson
Great! I joined this server yesterday and I am enjoying every part of it! ( Although it was kinda lame that some DMers killed me yesterday for like 3 times. )

Ali Chemicali

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
george_hanko
Tseard said:
Great! I joined this server yesterday and I am enjoying every part of it! ( Although it was kinda lame that some DMers killed me yesterday for like 3 times. )

Just make some friends and take your revenge, in the end they will have regret

Status
Not open for further replies.