News Let me explain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lawless Roleplay,

Let me explain...

There have been multiple rumours over the past couple of months that Lawless Roleplay is closing down, dying or been abandoned by the management team.

The truth is I have been going through a really tough time in real life and just like you and everyone else, I too am human. In full honesty, I have been having a lot of problems in real life and on Lawless Roleplay. Though, instead of resolving these problems, I have been hiding from it, hoping it would all go away. However, you can only hide from something for so long before it catches up to you.

I love Lawless Roleplay and I love our community. I have made so many friends, learnt so many interesting things about different people, cultures and different countries. I have been able to use Lawless Roleplay as a platform to have fun with friends and random people all over the world. It's truly beautiful. And I honesty believe that Lawless Roleplay offers the best gameplay experience on SA:MP. I would never give up on Lawless Roleplay because of this.

This is why I am asking for your forgiveness regarding my inactivity and lack of action. I want to fix all the problems on Lawless Roleplay however I am just one guy with limited time and energy.

I understand that many of you think that you just "play" Lawless Roleplay but in my eyes you are more than just "players". As members of this community, I see you as partners of Lawless Roleplay. You are apart of this community and every second you have played here, you have helped shape and create it. So this is why I am here standing in front of you.. asking you to help me.. to help us get Lawless Roleplay back to it's glorious position at the top of SA:MP. Without your support and loyalty, I cannot improve this. I need you.

I will give everything I have and I will work very closely with the players and staff team to improve Lawless Roleplay. As long as I have your support and loyalty, Lawless Roleplay will never die.

The first thing you can do to help improve Lawless Roleplay is to fill out this survey (click here). This survey will help me capture all of your opinions and suggestions on how to improve Lawless Roleplay. I use this as a template on problems that need solving so it's important that you answer the survey.

In light of recent events, I have reinstated Joey as Assistant Management and Toompert as Management. Their roles will be mostly in-game focused and they will be aiming to solve problems directly in-game on the spot. Additionally, Jerome has been promoted to Assistant Management and will be continuing his work as Game Affairs director. Alfred has also been promoted to Head Admin and assigned as Director of Admin Personnel. Finally, I am working very closely with Adam on upgrading the anti-cheat to protect against a lot more hacks and to be more accurate.

This is only the beginning.

Signed,
Barney.

#TeamLawless

Last edited:

Jaim

Retired Admin
Donator
Old-School 2014
Apr 24, 2014
jaim_kappa
A few suggestions from me.

1. Make hacking punishments harsher and less forgiving.

2. Don't give 2nd chances to players who have been given those 2nd chances and banned for hacks many times already. *cough* _Johnsons, _sozes, _scalettas and other pond scum of our server.

3. Don't do a mass unban unless the admin team is able to handle the playerbase boom. The current admin team is barely active enough to handle a 50-80 playerbase. OC timezone is flooded with warp hackers and no admins online to handle

4. Bring back lagshoot at least for Christmas. Make the server run sync & lagshoot (e.g September is sync, October is lagshoot , November sync so on).

5. Offer a resolution to players who have had their lands seized and have been waiting for months to receive an update. Players who owned lands put weeks and months into building their lands, and ever since they have been seized they have moved to other servers. These players brought their friends to our server and contributed positively to the the growth of our server in many ways (E.g Max Mabbit, Tiger Valentin etc). Compensate them fairly for everything they lost.

6. Don't pressurize admins and helpers to be active for "most of the week".

Admins are also players that give their time free of charge and help out the server. Everyone has real life commitments and I've heard from some retired admins how they felt the need to resign as they felt the "pressure" of being an admin and being unable to perform their admin duties. There should be no such thing as pressure unless the admin is a director of a department where activity is important.

That's pretty much it.

Reactions: Red_Shanks and Alia

Eslam.

Retired Admin
Junior Helper
Donator
F.B.I
FBI High Command
Old-School 2015
Jul 19, 2017
We are here
#TeamLawless.

Nimit Orlando

Banned
Apr 21, 2016
Rivera_Hernandez
You never listened to the players. Not even your ex-admins such as Pako and Toompert. Is this what we call a server made by players for players? No man, I think it's never too late to start from scratch. Listen to us, make the gang scene fun, hire admins that has knowledge and know how to tackle things up. We have admins that pussy out every then and now. You were literally late in everything! Took so long to change interior of Chemicals Lab, and etc etc. There are about 26 admins listed on the admin roster and about 8% of them are active in-game.

Seizing our properties such as lands. WE PAID FOR IT! THIS IS OUR RIGHT HOW WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BUILD ON OUR PROPERTY! And then you take ages again to resolve land disputes. Keep up to your words Barney, we can't tolerate anymore. This is the worse of what I've experienced in 3 years. There are no new players playing this server.

No playerbase = no fun = no admins to be recruited.

On the top of that, these are the major problems that must be resolved as soon as possible before it does greater damage to the community and server:

Problem: Ban evading players
Solution: Admins should regularly conduct IP check on suspected players and check how many accounts they have registered on their IP and if any of them is banned.

Problem: Hackers
Solution: Permanent ban at once. They shouldn't take the admin team for granted. We spent hours fighting them using undercover accounts, only to see they are unbanned after a month, irrespective whether they received a hacking warn.

Problem: You (main factor)
Solution: Listen to the community. We are the ones who play in your server. We know what's wrong and how it is supposed to be corrected. You as management should take our opinions and balance them accordingly. Nobody asked you to seize our lands. Nobody wanted to have their lands seized. I, personally spent MONTHS building my land to almost perfection only to see it getting seized and not receiving fair amount of refund and compensation.

Problem: No revenue, server running in debt
Solution: There are tons of donators who used to donate. They don't, because they are convinced that the server is dead and that there is no point in donating. I had also stopped donating 3-4 months ago due to this. Obviously what if I donate only to see the server closing next day!?. Convince us that it is worth to donate, and I shall donate.

It's high time, you start listening now.

Reactions: JGV
Status
Not open for further replies.