Announcement Black Friday sale & future state of the server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it has been awhile since I have written to you. I've been fully absent from the community while focusing on getting my real life affairs in order. It has been a tough and bumpy ride in real life and I know it has been the same case for the community and server also. To be honest, there has not been a day that has gone by where I have not thought about the community. While I write this letter to you at 3:20 AM, I want you to know that I have been thinking about my come back and turning 2020 into our year.

Despite all the faults in the server, the game being really old, all the drama and gossip - you are reading this message for the same reason that I am writing it - because we both love Lawless Roleplay and SA:MP. We both can deny it as much as we want, bitch about it or even write mean comments. But the bottom line is, we love Lawless Roleplay and SA:MP. Even in 10 years time.

I am currently working on a good update for Christmas with a small scripting and even smaller mapping team (I am in desperate need of mappers, will pay handsomely - send me an e-mail with screenshots of your work to be hired). I can't wait to release this and start reforming the community and server.

I would like to thank the community and the staff team for looking after the community while I was gone sorting out my life. Looking forward to the upcoming changes

store_advert_blackfriday.jpg

Lastly, the server finances has been in negatives for a long time. We need money to keep the server going and to help me bring some of my plans to real life. Thus, I have made the biggest discount we have had for black friday. All gift cards are 50% off, you need to enter the coupon 'BF50' to redeem the discount. Gift cards are issued immediately and can be used on any product in the store! You can even share your gift card with friends!

So if you can donate, then please do so. It will really help out the community and will help me boost it's life!

Jul 9, 2015
jerome you might as well add a rule where pds cant pull over civs and gang members in public areas bro i mean its the same as robbing isnt it but pds can /su u kill u with free guns then make u tab out for 30 mins lol

Sharpe

Management
Chartered Old-School
Donator
Apr 13, 2013
obie_trice
Lawless was never meant to be a roleplay server. It is dynamic at max. Tell me jerome, with the nature of our players coming from a non-educated non-english speaking countries, how do you expect players to roleplay when 80% of them can’t speak English?
You’re blind to facts and it’s costing you a lot of players. Instead of focusing on more important aspects of the server such as game affairs, which is supposedly your expertise, you prefer to add useless irrelevant rules to the server.
There is no supervision of anything anymore, no supervision of factions, LSPD and fbi can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want. Admins can also do whatever the fuck they want since they lick your butt too much.

The issue with lawless is you, it’s not even the admin team anymore since you’re enabling corrupt behavior

It is still a dynamic server, and it will forever be. Some rules need to be bent or adjusted in order to avoid a certain action.

Sotilis

Gangsta
Jan 31, 2017
Sotilis_Leroy
Unexpected struggles champ. It happens, we can do nothing about it. No one asked you to be positive, it is totally okay but last thing we need is negativity. You love something, you put effort no matter what.

that's all you do, getting personal with anyone who doesn't agree with you, but that's alright.

You had your chance to prove that you know what "we" need (we as the server) and you and your colleagues miserably failed with your system based on favoritism. If you don't believe me, just look at the almost non-existant playerbase... or the criticism by other people on various threads. You know, the ones that most staff members either ignore completely or try to silently remove it.

Reactions: Marcus

Sharpe

Management
Chartered Old-School
Donator
Apr 13, 2013
obie_trice
that's all you do, getting personal with anyone who doesn't agree with you, but that's alright.

You had your chance to prove that you know what "we" need (we as the server) and you and your colleagues miserably failed with your system based on favoritism. If you don't believe me, just look at the almost non-existant playerbase... or the criticism by other people on various threads. You know, the ones that most staff members either ignore completely or try to silently remove it.

There's nothing personal. This is me sharing my opinion to someone who once has earnt my respect. We, as a server have been trying to this and that in order to make people like you get interested again. I don't mind if you disagree, it is really fine. We all have our different opinions, we all look at whatever we have been dealing with from different angles.

Cheers man

Sharpe

Management
Chartered Old-School
Donator
Apr 13, 2013
obie_trice
You still don’t get the point. How the fuck are you enforcing ‘medium’ rp rules (AKA not robbing in public) when there is no light rp rules (AKA no MG,PG)? Your judgement is lacking buddy

Robbery rules were implemented to avoid people getting abused and robbed over n over randomly by capable senior players like yourself. As I've mentioned earlier; you all looked at it from a different point of view. I don't have to get into details because you're smart enough to figure out what I'm talking about.

If you really dislike the adjustments that much, go ahead and post a suggestion. Gather votes, and whatever you (the community) see fit, will be fulfilled.

Jaim

Retired Admin
Donator
Old-School 2014
Apr 24, 2014
jaim_kappa
It's funny how Barney wakes up from the dead after months of being inactive when he sees an opportunity to make some $$$ via "Black Friday" sales.

your job is to support the community

We have done that since the birth of Lawless. Lawless would have never stayed alive without the community funding it. The players are fed up with how ;

1. Barney refuses to hand over managing this server to someone who cares and has the time to be the server caretaker.
2. He's inactive yet demands donations to keep the server alive, while providing no evidence of it's running costs.
3. He doesn't trust Immad or Toompert with managing the server / funds.
4. He has no respect for his admins, he approves mass unbans because there are hackers who will still donate, and his admins are removed/pointed fingers at when they lose motivation to ban players who they have banned 4-5 times before.

I have like 50 more reasons but I'm wasting the lifetime of my keyboard by writing all of them

Reactions: Ermolai and .Silex

Jacob_Einstein

Spam Machine
Jul 10, 2014
Robing in public was fun until players started to abuse it. I have a squad of ten dawgs, I come and rob someone and all my dawgs assist me. Then one of my dawgs rob the same person and we wait until the robbed player shoots him so we can assist him. And we keep doing the same thing over and over. Basically we would be able to rob the player 10 times in less than 48 hours if a another dawg robs him no matter if hes on the same squad by simply assisting each other. We are lacking of admins in game, I have used report many times in game and my reports just expired. So to prevent these kind of abuse its better to not allow people rob in public places.

I have done robberies while im a cop in the neighborhood server by roleplaying it and its fun. If you PG and be stupid youll get fined and prisoned.

I like some pinoys but sadly the infestation of pinoys we had here kinda destroyed the server. Lawless Roleplay has never enforced roleplay rules which is a perfect place for non english speakers and retards to play here.

The server is on a downfall but I dont really blame it on any admin. There is one person responsible and its the owner. Admins would come and defend him however its the reality. Im gonna use my country as an example. A small island in a 70+ billions debt. The politicians who commands the island extorting by giving millionarie useless contracts and profiting from it. Thats the same case here, Barney is our politician who commands Lawless. If Barney isnt there supervising and doing whats the best for the community this is the result of that. Questions that have never been answered by Barney. What happened to our server updates? What happened to our donations that we ran out of money? How does a server cost $400 a month?

If we treat Barney as a politician from a real life perspective we would understand perfectly the downfall of Lawless. A simple change to robbery rules wont really make big difference.

Nov 23, 2017
TUgal_Howard
Robing in public was fun until players started to abuse it. I have a squad of ten dawgs, I come and rob someone and all my dawgs assist me. Then one of my dawgs rob the same person and we wait until the robbed player shoots him so we can assist him. And we keep doing the same thing over and over.
Admins and players aren't dumb enough to let that slide. Even if the guy you robbed shoot the guy who is currently robbing him, you can not help the guy anymore since you already participated on it. Simple as that. But I think why people were saying it is being abused because the "robbery rules" before failed to explain well how does it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.