SAN News changes hands!

John Strickland

Playa-Hater
Jun 2, 2018
PNucHvZ.png

SAN NEWS changes hands - John Strickland takes the helm
A SAN News breaking report

D7IUmiT.png

Author: SAN News Admin • Date: 15/07/2018 16:44 GMT • Tag: Journalism, Announcements

Following overnight talks at the San Andreas Government central bureau, it has been decided that several reformative measures are to be implemented in an attempt to save the dwindling viewership of its media branch, the San Andreas News Network. In the early hours of Sunday morning, the following press statement was released:

The San Andreas Government is proud to announce a series of administrative actions that we believe will improve the state of our media enterprise. These include (but are not limited to) several layoffs, an increase in the overall budget and the installation of cutting-edge technological equipment that will help bring our news agency into the new century.

In light of this reform, we have sifted through many candidates in search of the right person to spearhead this operation. Our confidence has been found in the name of a Mr. John Strickland, an up-and-coming news commentator, whose efforts to affect social change through his journalism have not gone unnoticed by us or the general public. We thus wish him congratulations on the new role he has accepted, and hope he will use this reformative opportunity to bring a breath of fresh air to the station, its paper and all related SAN News publications.

dhcEQWc.jpg

Picture of attendees at the ceremony at City Hall
(Photo: Clyde Grothman)

The official transferring-of-powers was held at the City Hall of Los Santos, in a small but heavily-guarded event, with a few select civilian witnesses present as custom. The overall process lasted under an hour. Following the signing of all the required paperwork, Mr. Strickland chose to take a secular (as opposed to religious) oath, the first Director of SAN News to opt to do so. The new leader emerged into the morning sun of the town to the cheer and applause of a large crowd of people. When approached for comment, this is what he had to say:

I am humbled by the decision of the San Andreas Government to pass on the wheel of this ship to me. This new position, in tandem with the economic and administrative changes to the network, is chance for me and for the whole SAN News team to take a great leap forward; to not just report the news, but to report the truth.

We live in an era riddled with what's been popularly dubbed ''fake news'' - sensationalist agitprop, clickbait articles, and outright smear campaigns. Let me assure the public that there will be no fake news from me and my team. From day one and till the end of my tenure, we will report facts, and nothing but the facts. That is all for now. Thank you

We here at SAN News would also like to congratulate our friend and collaborator John for his ascendancy, and wish him the best of luck with this future position. The press has to and will keep rolling.

D7IUmiT.png

Last edited: