Luke_Marcello
PNucHvZ.png

San Andreas Rally Championship, Vincent in first place
A San Andreas News article
Xgyitzs.png

Author: Luke Cavazzer
Date: 21/10/2018

Tags: Motorsport, Rally, Hobby, Cars

The 17th San Andreas Rally Championship, the most important Race Championship in San Andreas, has ended a week ago, the 13th of October, with the historic Chiliad Race, the race which starts from the town of whetstone, and after 2.5km of road, it proceeds in a hill climb race of the highest mount of the state, the Mount Chiliad.

Besides the Chiliad Race, there are 7 other tracks, on mud, dirt, and dust, listed down here.

1. Castillo del Diablo: 3.3Km, completely offroad on a dusty and sloped terrain. It's a hill climb race up to this big hill, with plenties of hairpin bends
  2. Around the 69: 5.2Km, around 20% asphalt, the remaining it's a dusty terrain like Castillo del Diablo. It goes around the Area 69, and this is the only race that ends where it starts.
  3. Querebados-Meadows: 5.8Km, it goes from the city of El Querebados and it finishes in the straight Verdant Meadows airport runway. It's a very fast race as it's almost completely straight and on asphalt.
  4. Toreno Challenge: 6.1Km, it consists of 15% asphalt and the remaining dirt. Full of jumps, small rivers, and a great 180° turn
  5. 2Fort: 5.8Km, It starts from the bottom of the Hunter Quarry, and after somehairpin bends, you have the choice of going on the asphalt (longer but faster) or cutting trough the dirt.
  6. Farm to Farm: 6.0Km, starts from the Hilltop Farm, and via mud roads, it ends in Blueberry Acres. Here the racers have got to be really careful to not finish in the river, which is at the right of the track from about half of the race.
  7. Country roads: 7.7Km, starts outside of the San Andreas National Guard and after 0.6Km, you proceed on a steep and slugy terrrain up to Whetstone, where the Chiliad Race starts.

The Chiliad Race

gallery66.jpg

The Mount Chiliad, 6am 13/10/2018, 4 hours before the race

This is the most famous race of San Andreas, and it's done 2 times a year. The first one (5th july) is something very cheap, a sort of "Take your everyday car and try the race", and the second (13th october) is the San Andreas Rally Championship's last track.

It starts in Angel Pine, small country town, and after 1km of road, you stop. This is because you can't have 2 racers that are racing up the Chiliad at the same time. So the partial time decreets who is going to run over the mountain first, second, and all over to the last.

These 12.1Km of steep hill are intense: There are 16 hairpin bends, 3 jumps,and about 3km where the road is 2.5 meters wide. Being careful in this race is a must.

The Cars

16 cars, with a driver and a navigator each, have been registered. There are from 5 car brands:
  • Sultan (6 cars)
  • Elegy (3 cars)
  • Jester (2 cars)
  • Blista (2 cars)
  • Vincent (1 car)
These cars have been modified with rally object in order to make them real rally cars. The Sultan has been equipped with a rally pack that is an optional for the car (optional, $3000, contains spoilers, bumps, air vents, rollbars), The other cars have been equipped with unique rally parts.

The engines haven't been modified really much,all the cars had a production engine. The Sultan and the Elegy come with a motorization optimized for rally (3.5T for the Sultan, 2.8TT for the Elegy), the Vincent has been equipped wit hthe 3.8T and ionly the injectors have been re-programmed, ad the Jester has equipped an additional turbocharger on its 3.1T. The Blista Compact has been equipped with a 1.8TT, projected for rally, with a whopping 410Hp. The other ones have been modified to have all 450Hp, the maximum power for the competition.

The 1.8TT adopted in the two Blista, however, have been destroyed. They were too powerful and they caught on fire during the Country roads race; and a sultan has been thrown into the river because of a turn taken too fast. Luckily noone got hurt in these 3 accidents.

The Winners

14 Oct, 14:00
The Vincent, which had a tire popped during the Angel Pine qualification, is the last one to start (with the tire fixed)
After 9 minutes and a half, the results come out: the Vincent has won the 17th rally championship of San Andreas, with 314 points, followed by the Sultan, with 299, and the Elegy with 291.
Noone expected that the mid luxury car won a rally championship, but the driver Andrew Anceli , was pretty sure. Here there is part of his interview, taken 3 days ago.

"I always thought that the Vincent had a little bit of sport on the petrol engines. I had a 2.0T, a medium model, and it was very fast while you could stretch on its comfortable seats. Then I had the possibility to drive a 2.8T, and that changed my life. It was almost a supercar. So I rented a 3.8T and I went to a circuit, and I said "This car, with a little work, can win a rally championship" So it happened, after 5 years of Sultan winning the Rally, the Vincent interrupted the streak."

15190258367882-gallery59.jpg

The Vincent, with the rally modifications.
We also had a talk with the winner of the 14th Rally championship, Mark Bosterman, with a Sultan.
"The sultan has always been a rally car, and we've used this for years. I retired from the rally last year, because I am in search of another car to partecipate in rally championships. After the Vincent's victory, I am sure I will keep an eye on it, perhaps I will join next year with that car."
aiii.jpg

This Sultan won the 13th, 14th, and 15th rally championship.
Well, stay tuned for the next rally championship, next year!

Credits

Special thanks to Andrew Anceli and Mark Bosterman
Photos taken by Luke Cavazzer and Hlias Papas