IMPORTANT More server downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello brothers and sisters.

I am here with a small announcement regarding the downtime today.

Our ISP have been target by a large scale distributed denial of service attack which has corrupted several configuration files. This has caused the game server and teamspeak server to go down, and we are required to load backups.

There's no need to panic. The backups were taken 15 minutes before the files corrupted. No playerfiles or data have been affected by this.

You can stay up to date and get a notification when we are up by liking and following our facebook page.

We thank you for your patience while we are working to fix this issue.

Reactions: 14 people
Jan 7, 2014
Moozie_Moons
Great.
If you cannot handle it, i think i can contact someone who can.He's Canadian and a really good hacker.I've seen him work, he's in software engineering.

You've got no idea how Denial of Services work, do you? The ISP has to track down the IP and resolve his IP and blacklist him from sending packets to the main node, at the moment if the node is getting constantly attacked the ISP has no way of connecting to it and receiving the incoming IP.

Reactions: 2 people

Jigsaw

Good Fella
May 8, 2013
Whey_Setland
You've got no idea how Denial of Services work, do you? The ISP has to track down the IP and resolve his IP and blacklist him from sending packets to the main node, at the moment if the node is getting constantly attacked the ISP has no way of connecting to it and receiving the incoming IP.

Actually i do not, why would i lie about knowing.I'm just giving a though, trying to help in order to get the server back online.

Jan 7, 2014
Moozie_Moons
Actually i do not, why would i lie about knowing.I'm just giving a though, trying to help in order to get the server back online.
The problem is, a hacker can't simply help us in this situation, I can see where you're coming from though.

Reactions: 2 people

vikoss

Hustler
Jul 24, 2013
Vikos_Walker
hackers why u know to go on other server why????????????? :/

Lilly

Retired Admin
Apr 16, 2013
Balbo_Baggins
hackers why u know to go on other server why????????????? :/
It's not aimed at the server, it is aimed at the ISP (Internet Service Provider). The server is actually fine at the moment, just no one can access it due to the DDoS on the ISP who provides the server with internet, hence we cannot access it. It is like if your router were to be turned off, and you had a server running on your computer. It is running, but no one can access it due to the lack of internet connection. Instead, just think of thousands of computers requesting to download data from the server and it can't handle it all at once, so it slows down to a ridiculously slow pace and then eventually becomes useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.