John Strickland, 33, Killed in Terrorist Attack

John Strickland

Playa-Hater
Jun 2, 2018
PNucHvZ.png

John Strickland, 33 Killed in Terrorist Attack - ''A dark day for the press''
A SAN News breaking report

D7IUmiT.png
Author: SAN News Admin • Date: 15/09/2018 7:44 GMT Tags: Journalism, Terrorism, Announcements

Timeline

A targeted suicide bombing in Rodeo Park last night has claimed the life of SAN News network director John Strickland. Co-worker and crime analyst Hlias Papas was also critically wounded in the attack and is currently being held in the emergency ward at All Saints General Hospital.

The entire incident unfolded over the course of less than 2 hours: At 11:10 PM, security cameras record Director Strickland and Mr Papas having a discussion inside the network's headquarters. Five minutes later, they are seen in the computer room, viewing some indiscernible video material. By 11:20, they have left the premises.

dwKvhAA.png

Director Strickland's final moments inside SAN News HQ (Source: CCTV feed)

The two men are then sighted at 11:35 in the aforementioned park, appearing to be quite jovial while sharing an abnormally large hand-rolled cigarette. At exactly 11:40, a military jeep speeds frantically into the park and immediately detonates at a short distance next to them. The blast is loud enough to be heard by a nearby patrol, who rush to the scene and immediately request backup over dispatch. An ambulance arrives shortly after to bring the barely-alive Strickland and Papas to the hospital.

According to FMD Deputy Commisioner Booda Khaled, the situation was dire: ''Both patients presented to the ER with several bone fractures, severe lacerations and impalement from shrapnel, multiple 3rd degree burn wounds, respiratory distress, somnolence and cardiac arrhythmia. It was quite obvious that while not dead, their bodies were going into shutdown mode''. Through great effort, medical staff were able to temporarily stabilize Mr. Papas' condition. Strickland, who had sustained the largest amount the of blast damage, was officially pronounced dead at 1:05 AM, succumbing to his wounds.

Aftermath

2f0KGrU.jpg

A bomb setup similar to the one used in last night's suicide attack (Photo: FBI Archives)

In the immediate aftermath of the explosion, a team of bomb experts were sent to investigate the ruins of the car in hopes of uncovering more about the explosives or detonators used. Fragments found near the blast radius indicated that this was a crudely-designed makeshift car bomb, consisting of various model artillery shells being linked to an alarm clock detonator.
According to explosives expert, S.W.A.T Captain Ali Amphibia, ''You see, with this setup they were using, when the bombers first primed the bomb, they had a limited window of time till the bomb exploded. They would have to reach their target within that short time frame, or else they would detonate without having killed their victim. This shows that their technical knowledge on explosives is very limited, and only points in one direction as far as I'm concerned; This is the work of the Allahi Brotherhood''.

The ''Allahi Brotherhood'' are a group of clandestine terrorist cells and lone-wolves operating across the globe. They murder, bomb, and perform other terrorist activities with the hopes of causing enough social disruption that ''the fabric of degenerate western society is unraveled and a true era of lasting world peace is ushered in''. (Source: Profligate society and its future - the Allahi Brotherhood manifesto).

Captain Amphibia's educated guess was further corroborated when the security footage at SAN News headquarters revealed that the video material being viewed by Strickland and Papas on the computer screen appears to be a death-threat from the same group. However, the Allahi Brotherhood have yet to claim the attack.

In light of these events, the current mayor of Los Santos, Sharpe Bangali, issued the following press statement:

During this difficult time, me and my associates want to express our deepest condolences to the family and co-workers of John Strickland. This is an atrocious crime against the press and our city as a whole. Rest assured that we WILL bring the instigators of this attack to justice as they deserve.

[...]

While we are all still in a state of mourning, Mr. Strickland had insisted that in the event he suddenly passed away, the news should keep going; Honoring this wish and defying any evil attempts at silencing the truth, we have appointed Mr Jack Kenobi, a highly-skilled journalist who has worked with SAN News before, to be the next network director.

Remembering John Strickland

IzSDFEK.png

Director Strickland (front) poses with his staff (L-R: Luke Cavazzer, David Guerra, Hlias Papas, Jack Garrison) (Photograph: Clyde Grothman)

John Strickland was born in 1985 to two American Christian missionaries in Manila, Philippines. Though he faced tremendous difficulties growing up -including the death of his own parents to a terrorist attack, in a fate ironically similar to his own- he managed to overcome these obstacles and eventually earned a degree as a lawyer. Through several of life's twists and turns, he wound up in Los Santos with his estranged ex-convict brother, Sam Strickland.
Having no name for himself in this town, he applied for every job he could get; from hygiene technician at the LSPD's offices in Perishing Square to forklift operator at a warehouse in Idlewood. His previous experience in public speaking on his CV quickly caught the eye of the SAN News network however, and he was hired as an intern. John quickly rose the ranks with his dedicated and in-depth field work. During a massive network overhaul and reshuffle, he was appointed as the new director, serving the position diligently and with a community-first outlook. A local business tycoon, Mr Orlando Flocka, spoke to us about his relationship with John:

Mr Strickland was a good man and a good friend. He used to do his job in a perfect way and his article about our motel, The Capone Motel, is proof of that. Even though he knew this would cost him a lot of time and hard work, John accepted this contract without hesitation

[...]

He was a simple man who always used to care about his employees. Whenever, I'd get the chance to see him, I'd look at young John Strickland sitting with his employees and training them. He made his employees ready for any obstacles coming their way and I am sure they will rely on his tips forever.

[...]

Though this young talented man is not with us anymore, he'll forever stay in our hearts and minds. Rest in peace, John Strickland.

John, always aware of the potential dangers of this job, kept a note in the headquarter's safe, to be released to the public in the event of his death while holding the position. This is it:

Dear colleagues, friends, and good citizens of this nation,

If you are reading this in any kind of print or digital publication, then you must be aware by now that I have passed away. How or why is not that important, as all our existence is ephemeral and will soon be forgotten. I have composed this short message, instead, to speak to you about something that is dear to me: truth and logos.

In many mythologies around the world, the ''creation story'' very frequently features a god or gods that literally ''speak things'' into existence. A good example is from the Abrahamic tradition: ''“Let there be light,” and there was light'' it is written (Gen 1:3). We can look at it from multiple theological perspectives, but to me, there's another, very human level to it. When we speak, we also birth things into reality. Our words are our truth and our strength. By speaking -and most importantly, by speaking freely- we bring our truth into this world, to mix and exchange itself with other people's truths. This exchange of ideas and thought was called ''Logos'' in Antiquity. To varying degrees of success, our society is predicated upon safeguarding this ''logos'', this free exchange of ideas and truths. Journalism, as a profession and calling, is also part of this rich tradition. When practiced correctly, the press should serve in furthering public discourse and bringing truth into the light.

There are many who -since I took up my current position- would wish to stifle freedom of speech. An outdated concept, they say. A false god that leads to corruption and demagoguery, others add. To this, I must say a firm ''No''. To kill the Logos is to kill the spirit of truth-seeking and virtue. To you all, I say now: Do not let your freedoms be curtailed in the name of some greater good, or the promise of a better life in this plain or another. Stand tall and speak your truth and do not fear the outcome - what is good and what is bad will be judged by history. Instead: Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I am thankful for all my friends, family, colleagues and supporters. My time under the sun has been truly blessed. I now return to the earth where we all come from.
Thank you for everything,
John Strickland​
Finally, we here at SAN News, as tribute to our good friend, present to you a final piece of video documenting the events surrounding his untimely passing. With a heavy heart, we bid goodbye to ''Director Jhon'' with one last film.

May you rest in peace.

D7IUmiT.png

Last edited:

Hlias Papas

Pee-Wee
Aug 8, 2017
Hlias Papas talking perfect english having a deagle and mostly no a mustache?! WHO IS THIS GUY :p

You where the greatest leader ever and made SAN News the greatest faction ever thank you for helping in the articles <3

John Strickland

Playa-Hater
Jun 2, 2018
((Hey there, just going to break character for a second here. I know we're very ''dynamic'' and all but I'll use the meme brackets anyway,

I first want to thank everyone who supported this work, for such an alleged ''toxic'' community there's people with a good heart here.I like writing as a hobby so these stories were interesting to think about and frame into video (another newly gained hobby in the process).
I do wish I could continue writing these things but well, life and obligations tend to get in the way of recreational activities. So yes, I have to step down. I believe that the keys have been handed to good hands. Jack Kenobi will be the new leader and I place my faith in him.
Apart from that, shout out to my friends from AC, LSPD, the Admin team and all random folk who helped in the projects - way too many to list but I'm sure you know who you are.

That's all from me. Again thanks and keep it IC or use the meme brackets pls))

Nov 23, 2017
TUgal_Howard
((Hey there, just going to break character for a second here. I know we're very ''dynamic'' and all but I'll use the meme brackets anyway,

I first want to thank everyone who supported this work, for such an alleged ''toxic'' community there's people with a good heart here.I like writing as a hobby so these stories were interesting to think about and frame into video (another newly gained hobby in the process).
I do wish I could continue writing these things but well, life and obligations tend to get in the way of recreational activities. I believe that the keys have been handed to good hands so I trust the stewardship of this faction in Jack.

Apart from that, shout out to my friends from AC, LSPD, the Admin team and all random folk who helped in the projects - way too many to list but I'm sure you know who you are.

That's all from me. Again thanks and keep it IC or use the meme brackets pls))
(( So you'll going to step down? ))