Genshin Impact

Christian Dodge

Retired Admin
Advisory Committee
Chartered Old-School
Jul 6, 2013
This is just a value assessment of the "important" microtransactions in Genshin Impact.

This is everything you get with the Gnostic Hymn ($9.99 USD), including the free stuff from the Sojourner's Battle Pass:
• 680 Primogems​
• Four Intertwined Fates (640 Primogem value)​
• Four Acquaint Fates (640 Primogem value)​
- Grand total of: 1,960 Primogems in total value, for fates and Primogems alone.​
• 2,880,000 Mora​
• 20 total blue Freedom/Resistance/Ballad talent books (five of one type per chest of this type).​
• 15 total blue Prosperity/Diligence/Gold talent books (five of one type per chest of this type).​
• Five purple Freedom/Resistance/Ballad talent books (from one of the single purple chests).​
• Five purple Prosperity/Diligence/Gold talent books (from one of the single purple chests).​
• One subpar-great four-star battle pass weapon (all of them are pretty good, some better than others), that you get to pick and has zero RNG on it.¹​
• 162 purple character EXP books (total of: 3,240,000 character EXP).​
• 27 blue character EXP books (total of: 120,000 character EXP).​
- Grand total of: 3,360,000 character EXP from the two above EXP book types given in total.​
• 384 Mystic Enhancement Ores (total of: 3,840,000 weapon EXP).​

¹ I would rate the weapons are follows:
Sword: great-amazing (definitely worthwhile)​
yp4YKCH.png
Bow: good (a bow that is a mini-Venti, fairly worthwhile)​
pDhxIrk.png
Polearm: subpar/average (not really worth it in my opinion)​
niloO2l.png
Catalyst: good (though not the best choice out of all of these in my opinion)​
wMLTJ4E.png
Claymore: average (not worth it in my opinion)​
Kdm84UQ.png

The Blessing of the Welkin Moon ($4.99 USD) is valued at a maximum of 300 Genesis Crystals (1:1 ratio with Primogems) and 2,700 Primogems. This is at a rate of 90 Primogems per day over the course of 30 days. You immediately receive the 300 Genesis Crystals though. Do note: missing one day means you lose those 90 Primogems, no compensation or refunds. If you purchase it more than once, it does not double your daily amount (i.e. 180 Primogems per day), but just extends the duration you receive those 90 Primogems for (on top of an additional 300 Genesis Crystals) an additional 30 days.

Normal Genesis Crystals prices, for comparison (do note, those bonuses are only a one-time purchase thing - those bonus decrease significantly after the first purchase):
KyCI6gG.png

Overall, in terms of value: Gnostic Hymn > Blessing of the Welkin Moon > normally buying Genesis Crystals (excluding the first-time purchase bonus).

Nov 29, 2018
This is just a value assessment of the "important" microtransactions in Genshin Impact.

This is everything you get with the Gnostic Hymn ($9.99 USD), including the free stuff from the Sojourner's Battle Pass:
• 680 Primogems​
- Grand total of: 1,960 Primogems in total value, for fates and Primogems alone.​
• 2,880,000 Mora​
• 20 total blue Freedom/Resistance/Ballad talent books (five of one type per chest of this type).​
• 15 total blue Prosperity/Diligence/Gold talent books (five of one type per chest of this type).​
• Five purple Freedom/Resistance/Ballad talent books (from one of the single purple chests).​
• Five purple Prosperity/Diligence/Gold talent books (from one of the single purple chests).​
• One subpar-great four-star battle pass weapon (all of them are pretty good, some better than others), that you get to pick and has zero RNG on it.¹​
- Grand total of: 3,360,000 character EXP from the two above EXP book types given in total.​

yp4YKCH.png
pDhxIrk.png
niloO2l.png
wMLTJ4E.png
Kdm84UQ.png

The Blessing of the Welkin Moon ($4.99 USD) is valued at a maximum of 300 Genesis Crystals (1:1 ratio with Primogems) and 2,700 Primogems. This is at a rate of 90 Primogems per day over the course of 30 days. You immediately receive the 300 Genesis Crystals though. Do note: missing one day means you lose those 90 Primogems, no compensation or refunds. If you purchase it more than once, it does not double your daily amount (i.e. 180 Primogems per day), but just extends the duration you receive those 90 Primogems for (on top of an additional 300 Genesis Crystals) an additional 30 days.

Normal Genesis Crystals prices, for comparison (do note, those bonuses are only a one-time purchase thing - those bonus decrease significantly after the first purchase):
KyCI6gG.png

Overall, in terms of value: Gnostic Hymn > Blessing of the Welkin Moon > normally buying Genesis Crystals (excluding the first-time purchase bonus).
seek immediate treatment

Reactions: Nath

Buggly Bronx

Chartered Old-School
Dec 26, 2014

• 680 Primogems​
• 2,880,000 Mora​

yp4YKCH.png
pDhxIrk.png
niloO2l.png
wMLTJ4E.png
Kdm84UQ.png

KyCI6gG.png

Tbh the only thing i might be interested in is the welkin one due to the fact i love grinding over a period of time and then just cashing everything into intertwined wishes.
I really don't want childe so for me it would make perfect sense to stack primos for zhongli.

Christian Dodge

Retired Admin
Advisory Committee
Chartered Old-School
Jul 6, 2013
I really don't want childe so for me it would make perfect sense to stack primos for zhongli.
Childe is amazing though. I'd find a hydro DPS far more useful than, really, any geo characters in general. Sure that 35% damage boost is nice from that one artifact set, but you're losing a support slot for that (or having a healer if you decided to drop them). Though I hear Zhongli is going to be pretty good, though Childe was apparently much better too before he was nerfed prior to release, much like Xiangling was nerfed before released.

Tbh the only thing i might be interested in is the welkin one due to the fact i love grinding over a period of time and then just cashing everything into intertwined wishes.
Technically Blessing of the Welkin Moon is the better deal for going solely by wishes, sure. But how will you grind him up? It takes quite a lot of EXP books to level up characters at later levels. What about talent books? Hope you have an insane stock of them, and no, 20 green books is not that much for leveling up from one. Weaponry? Hope you've got quite the stockpile of crystals for leveling those up too. Oh yeah, and I hope you have a near infinite supply of Mora to cover the Mora costs for everything I outlined previously. You at least get a few Intertwined Fates, and Primogems on top of those.

• Wow
Reactions: Buggly Bronx

Lou ルー

Retired Admin
Old-School 2014
Oct 31, 2014
been playing for quite some time now. I only co-op when I'm bored but I generally can survive solo

I run Diluc, Jean, Fischl and Bennett for my main and Keqing, Sucrose, Barbara, and Xiangling for Secondary

It's fun if you ignore the gacha. Plus, even if you don't score any 5*,4* are generallyfilled with lots of hidden goodies (Razor, Fischl, Barbara, and Bennett) are the prime examples of good 4*

My F2P team:
1605469177780.png

• Wow

Christian Dodge

Retired Admin
Advisory Committee
Chartered Old-School
Jul 6, 2013
Imagine not wanting Childe. I'm so gona whale if i dont get him.
Childe is amazing, yeah. Especially if you factor in:
• Barbara's E ability at a certain constellation gives a 15% more hydro damage while it is active (which lasts a good while)​
• Baseline hydro percentage damage bonus for leveling up Childe.​
• Hydro percentage damage bonus with an artifact's main effect.​
• Bennet's damage buff (if you're going for big numbers, but two healers (i.e. Barbara + Bennet) isn't that great obviously, but hey Childe gets DPS buffed by both so a big plus in the Spiral Abyss).​
• Future hydro damage artifact set effect (none in-game yet), likely a ~15% hydro bonus damage.​
• The Rust bow's ability also effects the hydro damage Childe deals, I'm quite sure.​
• There are no other hydro DPS in-game, which is nice to have in general for something like the Spiral Abyss.​
Childe is a rate-up hydro Diluc/Keqing practically, and I'd say is even better than both for DPS (or at the very least, on par with Diluc). Still ain't got shit on Venti though. Speaking of Venti, the battle pass bow also works on Childe's melee form, so you can be a mini melee Venti too I guess.

• Haha