Genshin Impact

Christian Dodge

Retired Admin
Advisory Committee
Chartered Old-School
Jul 6, 2013
You guys got it from wish or story wise
The only characters you can currently get from the storyline, which are 100% free, are:
Traveler (sword, geo or anemo) — starting character, change element (geo/anemo) at a Statue of The Seven - Anemo or Statue of The Seven - Geo.
GWGd2sR.png

Kaeya (sword, cryo) — obtained for completing a story quest (during Prologue Act I: The Outlander Who Caught the Wind, specifically during the Crash Course quest) fairly early on.
vusuknZ.png

Amber (bow, pyro) — obtained for completing a story quest very early on, one of the very first quests.
GWhLW2f.png

Lisa (catalyst, electro) — obtained for completing a story quest (during Prologue Act I: The Outlander Who Caught the Wind, specifically the Sparks Amongst the Pages quest) fairly early on.
QDiPbAw.png

As for event characters you can get for free, those would be (thus far):
Barbara (catalyst, hydro) — obtained for reaching Adventure Rank 20 during Barbara's Shining Debut event, ending when update 1.1 comes out (no exact date, sometime November likely).
xj3N66k.png

Xiangling (polearm, pyro) — obtained for reaching Floor 3, Chamber 3 of the Spiral Abyss during the Spiral Abyss Event - People's Choice, which has no end date as of now.
UiwDjKM.png

Any other characters are from wishes, though the characters mentioned previously (excluding Traveler) are also in the character-dropping wishes as well (duplicate characters; to increase their constellation level, which is just a general buff to that character in some way). A full list of all characters can be found here: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Characters

Lance.

Management
Jul 5, 2016
The only characters you can currently get from the storyline, which are 100% free, are:
Traveler (sword, geo or anemo) — starting character, change element (geo/anemo) at a Statue of The Seven - Anemo or Statue of The Seven - Geo.
GWGd2sR.png

Kaeya (sword, cryo) — obtained for completing a story quest (during Prologue Act I: The Outlander Who Caught the Wind, specifically during the Crash Course quest) fairly early on.
vusuknZ.png

Amber (bow, pyro) — obtained for completing a story quest very early on, one of the very first quests.
GWhLW2f.png

Lisa (catalyst, electro) — obtained for completing a story quest (during Prologue Act I: The Outlander Who Caught the Wind, specifically the Sparks Amongst the Pages quest) fairly early on.
QDiPbAw.png

As for event characters you can get for free, those would be (thus far):
Barbara (catalyst, hydro) — obtained for reaching Adventure Rank 20 during Barbara's Shining Debut event, ending when update 1.1 comes out (no exact date, sometime November likely).
xj3N66k.png

Xiangling (polearm, pyro) — obtained for reaching Floor 3, Chamber 3 of the Spiral Abyss during the Spiral Abyss Event - People's Choice, which has no end date as of now.
UiwDjKM.png

Any other characters are from wishes, though the characters mentioned previously (excluding Traveler) are also in the character-dropping wishes as well (duplicate characters; to increase their constellation level, which is just a general buff to that character in some way). A full list of all characters can be found here: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Characters
No luck with wishes I wanted a diluc, honestly xiangling is good as well so ima start grinding hours

Christian Dodge

Retired Admin
Advisory Committee
Chartered Old-School
Jul 6, 2013
No luck with wishes I wanted a diluc
0.6% chance to get Diluc, but if you want to factor in the "pity" system (90 pulls = guaranteed five star), it goes up to a 1.6% chance. That's just for any five star anything (characters, weapons) too, not just Diluc, further decreasing the chances. I highly recommend only going for the Sparkling Steps Character Event Wish banner (Klee right now). You have a much higher chance of getting at least decent characters than the Wanderlust Invocation Standard Wish banner. You also technically have a chance of getting Diluc, but not as high of a chance in that specific banner. Combat wise, Noelle and Sucrose are okay (though at maximum constellation, Noelle's a tank). However, Xingqiu is amazing not because of his combat ability (though paired with a good cryo user, he can work quite well), but his passive ability, that being:
Tl9jC1F.png

Later in the game, this is invaluable for saving talent level-up materials (which greatly increase your DPS and other important things, typically), as you have to use significant amounts to level up once you start getting to level four+ in talents.
Differs a bit from character to character, this one is Venti's.
6EFOKlP.png

Another nice little plus for Sucrose, besides essentially being a discount Venti (a five star, now unobtainable character that is very strong), further helps you level up easier with her passive ability, that being:
zb7aPyX.png
Though if you want good weapons, then go for the Wanderlust Invocation Standard Wish banner, as some of the four star weapons are quite strong and do not drop nearly as frequently in the limited-time character banners banners. I cannot ever recommend using the limited-time weapons banners though, as they use the same fates (Intertwined Fate) as the limited-time character banners, which are far superior in my opinion.

honestly xiangling is good as well so ima start grinding hours
Xiangling is fantastic as a support character (especially at character ascension level four), and can double as a DPS character if you get the Crescent Pike polearm from the blacksmith.
A flat ten-percent damage bonus for ten seconds, a very noticeable damage boost especially when your damage gets higher.
2Oz8tPB.png
A twenty-percent flat damage boost on top of the physical attack bonus is quite large, especially at higher weapon ascension levels.
Ks9j2LM.png

LbMNvgb.png

If you want to use her as a support, you just need to pray you get a Dragon's Bane though, or really any weapons which enhance elemental damage (as the Guoba bear she throws out deals area-of-effect pyro damage, and stays on the field if you switch characters to your main DPS character). Though Dragon's Bane is the ideal weapon from my experience.
Thankfully it's only a four star too, though it's still not that easy to come by.
y8qN9bD.png

And the passive ability that Xiangling has is decent:
cWIuyrL.png

One of the most cost-efficient higher-end damage increasing foods is:
The Jade Parcels recipe is obtained by doing the Cooking Showdown quest, which is pretty early in the story quests. It gives a considerable damage increase, and a bit of a critical rate increase on top of that. There's one other food that's better, but it requires a lot more resources to get (Adeptus' Temptation).
7OVRXEL.png

To use the crafting passive abilities like Xiangling's, Xingqiu's, or other peoples', you have to switch to them before crafting/doing whatever (something I found out much later than I should have):
XPFWJtu.png

Aug 22, 2017
Another nice little plus for Sucrose, besides essentially being a discount Venti (a five star, now unobtainable character that is very strong), further helps you level up easier with her passive ability, that being:
undefined
I just got her from a wish lmao
unknown.png

Erick

Retired Admin
Mar 25, 2015
Erick_Orlando
I'm looking to buy starter account with Jean on it. I'd prefer to have IG stuff as the payment method