IMPORTANT Discord Security Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
lFo9X1K.png

The Department of Technology has noticed scams coming through our discord servers within our community for the scammer to gain cash and other in-game assets, and we believe in making sure you avoid these problems in the future to follow up on this information. Discord is a platform that allows us to engage to meet new people and play games with each other, however, it isn't to be used as a scamming platform for the players to obtain cash and other in-game assets for there own benefit.

How do I know if the user is fake?
Within discord servers, users are able to change their name's within the discord server in general and also abe to change their discord profile names. Allowing the user to change their discord name in a server is limited depending if the role(s) is allowing that user to change there name for the server, whilst not changing their profile.
  • Example: Discord Server: John_Doe; but there main discord account name could be Simon#0000
OVcLYqN.png

S3EZWZW.png

How do I know if the user isn't fake?
When you join a discord server, you'll often see a list located on the right-hand side of the server, this list will show the following. The only way you're able to justify if the user is real is by checking his ID (#0000).