Are we truly entitled to our rights in Los Santos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbag

Snitch
Apr 16, 2013
Fuck_A_Lot
"I am proud to be an American, and proud that such beliefs are at the core of our country and its citizens"

- John Linder

I am a proud American, but not when everything I am entitled too is overruled by police who think they know better.

Before I get too in-depth in this article, this is a brief introduction to the situation: I was travelling past Market ammunation, when this Officer, travelling on the incorrect side of the road, collided with me, and proceeded to pull me over. I was carrying illegal substances at the time, which is why I was arrested.

proxy.php

These are the Miranda Rights. These are what us Americans are entitled too when being arrested. It allows for a fair prosecution and trial. All Officers in the Los Santos Police Department and required to know them.
  • You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions.
  • Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law.
  • You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.
  • If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish.
  • If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present, you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney.
  • Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?
These are the rights all american law enforcement are required to read to anyone detained by them. I would like to draw your attention to this one in particular; You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.

This is what the rest of the story will be about.

JeeVVV.png

*The Officer has pulled me over, using excessive force when it is clear I am completely and entirely complying*

As you can see, the Officer has pulled me over, and although I am complying with all request, the Officer proceeds to disable each and every tire on my vehicle. Seems a bit excessive, correct?

vp0V60.png

*The Officer is now attempting to detain me, without any explanation. This was a traffic stop, wasn't it?*

The Officer, after disabling my vehicle, approached me a fully automatic weapon, requesting I put my hands up, I thought this was a traffic stop, not a high risk traffic stop giving the right to a search.

JbGrbM.png

*Officer now detains me, and proceeds to frisk me*

I must have missed the part were I was informed I was under arrest, yet alone the reasoning for the arrest, and what means the Officer had for frisking my person. Or did the American laws suddenly change?

NrkS0N.png

*The Miranda rights were read, as required by all officers of the law*

This is where the situation began to get messy. I was read the Miranda rights, in fact, I understood them just fine, but I don't believe the officer did. I proceeded to request the right to an attorney before and during questioning, however, I wasn't aware Police Officers now stood above all law. I did not believe the could overall the constitution, and prevent me from my rights as a citizen.

I have personally experienced misconduct within the Police Department, and I could only imagine how many others have also been affected by misconduct. I have made this article as an attempt to shine light upon the corruption in the Department and hope to see changes made to ensure our rights are respected.

Sep 25, 2014
Luke_Griffin
Name: Attorney Griffin
Comment: As an upstanding defense attorney and citizen of this fine country, I am truly appalled at the misconduct of the police officers. It's high time they learn to respect us citizens.
Just in case this ever happens again, please do contact me. I will ensure that not only do you get out in 5 minutes time, you will go out with the officer in question left red-faced.

Reactions: Bilbag
Status
Not open for further replies.