Announcement Lawless Launcher - PUBLIC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZzfSvXr.png

LAWLESS LAUNCHER - PUBLIC BETA
For a long time, hackers have plagued the streets of Los Santos, and brought unfair gameplay to Lawless Roleplay. We have spent countless hours creating updates to minimize the impact hackers have, and now we plan to release what I believe is the holy grail of anti-cheat. The Lawless Launcher.

In the last update, we announced an upgrade to our anti-cheat system by creating our own launcher and introduced a Verified Player system. This is unique to Lawless Roleplay and was an idea that was created from feedback by players.

The launcher is optional meaning that you do not need it to play Lawless Roleplay. However, if you do decide to use the launcher, you will be registered as a Verified Player while using it. This will give you access to verified only events and it will be a public way of telling people that you do not have any hacks installed.

The launcher is currently in public beta, and we'd love to hear your feedback and eventual bugs.

How does it work?
In-game there's a verified system. It gives you a tag that shows everyone that you are a verified clean player. In order to become verified, you have to run the executable that scans your game folder for hacks and disables them. Any non-approved modifications will be temporarily removed and restored once you quit the game.

Preview
vwsDPHR.jpg

CLEOs

We do realize that many CLEO files are harmless, and therefore we have added the possibility to use verified CLEO files. It's easy to enable and disable what CLEO files you want to use through the settings. It's easy for us to add new CLEO files in the future, so if you miss one, feel free to suggest one in the future. We don't want our launcher to limit your gameplay.

Your privacy

At Lawless Roleplay we strive to protect your privacy. We do not collect any data about your computer usage, or anything of the likes that may intrude your privacy.

I don't want to use the launcher. Can't I play anymore?
You are free to not use the launcher, and you may login through the usual SA-MP client if you wish. You will however not be verified in-game, and some events will require you to be verified. Using the launcher helps us ensure that you are not hacking.

Download

Manual installation - Click here

Frequently Asked Questions From Community
(this is a list of questions and answers from the community regarding the launcher/ verified players)

What about the harmless modifications?
We can very easily whitelist CLEO and ASI modifications based on community feedback.
The launcher now supports modloader. In order to use modloader, you need to enable it in the options.

Currently the launcher allows these modifications to be installed:

• FPS Unlocker
  • Anticrash (CLEO)
  • Anticrash (ASI)
  • Sensitivity fix (CLEO)
  • Sensitivity fix (ASI, with .ini)
  • Ammo Counter
  • Car Health Bar
  • Sprint Bar
  • Widescreen fix (ASI, with .ini)
  • Modloader (ASI blocked, only visual modifications)
If you have any suggestions for CLEOs to be whitelisted, then please reply below with the CLEO name and what it does. The more information and detail you provide us, the faster we will be able to give you feedback if that CLEO is accepted or not.

CLEOs are greyed out in the settings. What's going on?
In order to use the CLEOs, you have to download CLEO4 from their site. CLEO 4 download

How do I update the launcher?
You do not need to do anything! The program will automatically check & install updates.

Does the launcher spy on what I do, or have installed?
We don't collect or store any information while using our launcher.

How do I get my verified tag?
You get the verified tag automatically when you log in with the launcher.

I have an idea/ suggestion/ question/ opinion - who do I tell it to?
Reply to this thread with any ideas/ suggestions/ questions or opinions you have regarding this launcher. I, @Barney and @Andrew will be reviewing them and replying to them.

How do I enable a modification?
In order to enable a modification, you need to activate it through the launcher.
Press the cog in the right corner of the launcher as demonstrated here:
uUp9MRK.jpg

Then feel free to select from the list below:
AKaMifi.png

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2016
Xavier_Wright
Why the launcher keep crashing me game when i am trying to come ingame?

Status
Not open for further replies.