v1.3.83

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a minor update released early to block multiple silent weapon hacks that has been affecting the community. We are also trialling the public announcement of all bans and deathmatch warnings as a deterrent to server players.

Revision 1.3.83
- Added another layer of protection for weapon hacks
- We are trialling public announcements for all bans and deathmatch warnings
- Adjusted fisher job detection
- Adjusted all teleport detections

Vincent1

Banned
Jan 30, 2017
Vincent_Shock
In my opinion thats not something to be proud of or to showcase, not sure who'd do something like that but I am pretty sure staff won't allow that. On the other hand, displaying punishments public is part of being transparent. We have to be honest and open to the public and players and not do the things behind closed curtains as it can raise suspicion. Also, showing them will also let our players know that we are actively fighting the rule breakers and that we are trying to create a better place for those who are playing fair and are trying to have fun.

Lots of people enjoy breaking rules, dunno why, they just do.

There is no suspicion as to why autobanned players (weaponhack, anything else that the server autobans for) are banned. I'd guess that atleast 20-30 accounts/IP's are autobanned per day. Do you really need to see every time some random lvl 1 hacker gets banned? Is it really that important to be transparent about how many people log on this game not to actually play, but ruin fun for others by using random hacks?

Let the players know that admins are fighting rulebreakers? The only people who should care about someone getting prisoned are the victim, and the rulebreaker. Victim reports rulebreaker, admin watches situation and makes decision to prison rulebreaker, tells victim that rulebreaker was punished. Simple as that, no need to broadcast to the server every time someone is dm warned/prisoned lol.

Xanny

New Playa
Sep 15, 2016
Let the players know that admins are fighting rulebreakers? The only people who should care about someone getting prisoned are the victim, and the rulebreaker. Victim reports rulebreaker, admin watches situation and makes decision to prison rulebreaker, tells victim that rulebreaker was punished.

but that rarely happens in this server, so..

s4dTtBy.jpg

Apr 22, 2017
neither deathmatch warnings or all bans should be public.

u wanna start having threads "Who is Best DMers in Lawles ?" go ahead and make dm warnings public. Pictures will flood the forums with "XXXX was DM warned by XXX". People will attempt to become famous by showing off how many times they've been dm warned.

Showing the entire online playerbase when someone breaks a rule is giving the perpetrator a sense of entitlement, due to everyone online knowing they got dm warned. Keeping it with only the admin, and rulebreaker being aware that a dm warned was issued will be a much better system. The person is more than welcome to tell everyone they got dm warned, no need to announce it to the whole server and have people spam on /g "Lol Rip Faget nigER Idiot DMer !"

bans should only be public if they involve a player who isnt just some russian troll using warp hacks/troll hacks. If a level 15 is banned for aimbot, sure make it public.

You'd rather not show the community how many random hackers get autobanned for weapon hacking/speed hacking or anything detected by the server. As well as random lvl 1 warpers/trolls etc. Gives the server a bad image(even tho every server deals with these types of people).

Most stupid thing I have seen today, it gave me Heart attack in my eyes. Enough internet for today, bye bye

Grande

SAN News
Old-School 2015
Nov 25, 2015
Most stupid thing I have seen today, it gave me Heart attack in my eyes. Enough internet for today, bye bye
How so? People have put their bans in their signatures before this, you don't think if a high profile member gets banned that people will do the same?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.