- Apr 11, 2013
- Reaction score
Jingle bells.. jingle bells.. Oh wait, it's over. Now that the Christmas festivities is finally over, it's time for our annual winter update with awesome events, minigames and idlewood street parties. This update sees many bug fixes, a bucket of snow, winter events, a special gift store and the addition of a new minigame. This winter will be a special one at Lawless Roleplay. But first, let's have our traditional mission statement speech.
Our mission statement to you...
Lawless Roleplay is, and always, will be a community first and a game server second. We are dedicated to fostering an environment with a member-centric approach where all players have equal potential for in game success and community recognition.
Why play here?
Lawless Roleplay was originally founded on the principle that all players should rise or decline based on the actions of the person behind the player. We feel that success should be determined by a players actions and talents and not the whim of an administrative team. We have great code. We have great staff. We have great players. But most importantly we have a vigilant regard for your potential.
Is this a roleplay server?
We have worked to provide many in game tools for roleplay and it is absolutely encouraged however not required. We feel that any preferred mode of play that does not encroach on any other player’s enjoyment of the game is productive. Due to the harsh nature of game mode frequent player versus player violent interaction should be expected. However, this does not mean that players are allowed to kill other players for no reason.
Update 0.9.05 Overview
We're really excited about spending the winter holidays with our players because of what we've got cooking in the pipelines. This is only the start of a series of events. We have a very new addition to the winter update which is a series of events by our public relations team. There are great competitions and even greater giveaways. From video competitions to singing competitions, there is an easy way for you to win some awesome stuff.
You can take part of the winter events by clicking here.
And that's not the end of events, we will be having some awesome events such as:
- Double EXP Weekends on 26 - 27 Dec, 2 - 3 Jan and 9 - 10 Jan 2016
- 12 Days of Christmas on 26 Dec 2015 till 6 Jan 2016
- New Year Site Update
Our Winter Wonderland is now open with special minigames that let you win crazy prizes. We'd be hosting contests, giveaways and parties here so check it out often! This year we have some special new additions to get you into the winter festivities. We have our old maze and climbing minigames open but with the addition of a new minigame designed to drop your jaws. We also have a special winter radio genre and a radio blasting some of the best winter songs in minigames and the winter park.
From the moment you join the server, you'll notice that we're really in the festive spirit at Lawless with Christmas songs playing whilst you log in. There will be continuous snowing all over Los Santos however this detects your FPS and tackles any lag problems pre-hand. So if you don't see snow falling from the skies, this will be due to your FPS and the script making sure you don't lag. Additionally, our wonderful mapping department has worked together to really produce a very festive map customisation all over Los Santos. You'll find Christmas trees scattered around popular hang outs all over Los Santos. And as a very special addition, the Mayor of Los Santos has funded extra Christmas lights all over popular Los Santos places.
Santa has had a crash!
Santa's sleigh got hit by AK-47 bullets whilst flying over Grove Street and has crash landed in Flint County! He needs your help to deliver as many gifts as you can. And as a reward, he promises to give the top 20 helpers very special presents! What you need to do is pick up a gift from his crash site and deliver it to Los Santos. Each time you do this, you will enter the raffle. The more times you enter the raffle, the better your chances are at winning one of the top 20 presents. The raffle results will be released on the 10th January.
- 1x very special prize (announced on 10th January)
- 2x House with an interior of choice
- 3x Ivy for a month
- 4x Custom cars
- 5x Custom Phone Numbers
- 5x Custom Forum Titles - "Santa's Helper 2015"
It's Winter in Los Santos!
Let it snow! Oh.. let it snow baby.. Whilst it's not a white winter this year in many places, the gods of San Andreas have blessed us with snow. The Government has also used money seized from Wolly Thane's gang empire to pay for mystical lights all around Los Santos which clearly means it will be night time throughout the winter festival! Oh yeah... this is the small print that only a few people will read. There is a pink easter egg in Los Santos. Find it and send a screenshot of it to me to get Ivy for life time. Only one winner so be quick.
Which door he asks.. The maze minigame tests your luck and instincts to see if you can survive through the harsh and cruel maze. We have new additions to this maze to make things exciting. You can earn up to 8 winter credits by completing this minigame (more on this below).
The climbing minigame was closed down last year due to safety fears however it's now open after the Government decided to hire some builders to fix the escalators! In this minigame, you need to climb several obsticals and reach the finishing line. You can earn up to 10 winter credits by completing this minigame (more on this below).
NEW Falling Crates Minigame
In this year, we have the addition of a falling crates minigame. It requires 10 friends to start a round in which peices of the floor (crates) fall down and the surviving player wins. You can earn up to 14 winter credits by completing this minigame (more on this below).
This year we have an awesome shop open. In every minigame and event, you can win Winter Credits which then can be used to spend on some awesome stuff.
- Santa Hat - 1 credit
- First Aid Kit - 5 credits
- Full Armour - 10 credits
- Sniper Rifle - 15 credits
- 30g Pot - 15 credits
- 1000 materials - 20 credits
- 20g Crack - 20 credits
- $5, 000 cash - 25 credits
- Spas-12 - 30 credits
- 1 Respect Point - 50 credits
- Full weaponset - 50 credits
- Chainsaw (no restriction) - 60 credits
- Hotring Racer Vehicle - 70 credits
- Vortex Vehicle - 80 credits
- Laser Toy - 90 credits
- Deathmatch warning removal - 99 credits
- Knife (no restriction) - 119 credits
- Fixed typo in /hedit - Fixed a bug with DM warning damage reduction - Fixed a bug with tabbing out and being shot then dying - Fixed a bug with radio classification - Fixed a bug with christmas music not working - Fixed a bug with objects not moving in the climbing game mode - Fixed memory and CPU excessive use - Fixed /odm - Fixed lands not loading issue - Fixed a message issue with marriage - Fixed a bug which allowed to use /answer whilst a question is being set up - Fixed permissions issues with /m and /dispatch - Fixed some issues with the santa and new year 3d text messages - Fixed more issues with /odm
- Re-enabled snow - Added new packet loss warnings - You no logner can do damage whilst dead - Head admins now bypass limit for vehicle hp /setvehhp. - 1st DM warning: 10% damage reduction - 2nd DM warning: 20% damage reduction - 3rd DM warning: 35% damage reduction - 4th DM warning: 50% damage reduction - 5th DM warning: 65% damage reduction - Adjusted timefactor - During christmas, the time is stuck at midnight to enjoy those winter lights - Adjust christmas event stuff - Christmas style music plays when you enter the Idlewood stage - NEW FOR THIS YEAR: Exclusive christmas radio music when you log in - Christmas music now plays whilst in the minigames - Christmas music no longer intrupts your vehicle or MP5 music - Added brand new falling crates minigame by Andrew - Made it so that punching in the falling crates minigame does no damage but pushes players - Waiting message as you join the crate minigame - Added new gifts to the christmas events - Completing christmas events now give you winter credits - You can spend your winter credits in the giftshop PRIZES: Santa Hat - 1 credit First Aid Kit - 5 credits Full Armour - 10 credits Sniper Rifle - 15 credits 30g Pot - 15 credits 1000 materials - 20 credits 20g Crack - 20 credits $5, 000 cash - 25 credits Spas-12 - 30 credits 1 Respect Point - 50 credits Full weaponset - 50 credits Chainsaw (no restriction) - 60 credits Hotring Racer Vehicle - 70 credits Vortex Vehicle - 80 credits Laser Toy - 90 credits Deathmatch warning removal - 99 credits Knife (no restriction) - 119 credits - You can find out how many winter credits you have by visiting the gift shop - Added patch to prevent teleporting in minigames to win - Removed object logs - Adjusted weapon damage and bullet recognition for sniper - Adjusted rapid fire detection code - Adjusted a bug which made SANews able to use /clothes anywhere - Removed camera holster position - Removed walkstyle params - Added toys to the gift shop - Added new happy new year messages - Min players required for falling crates to start is 10
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone...
From Lawless Roleplay