1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, please to gain full access to the Lawless Roleplay Community.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaim

Jaim Retired Admin Old School

Character Name:
    Jaim
    @Roy

I would assume that anyone who has been banned before for hacking and unbanned from a mass unban is on their 2nd offense?

2. Leiionidas

Leiionidas Retired Admin

Character Name:
    Leii_Maddox
    we will see during festive periods when everyone gets an unban if this shit is legit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mado

Mado Old School

Character Name:
    Mado_Curry
    LEIIONIDAS

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Mado

Mado Old School

Character Name:
    Mado_Curry
    Also instead of focussing on enforcing rules and creating ban appeal procedures (and changing them every month), go make sure there's a decent cheat detection system instead of the current ineffective shit.

Obviously stuff like aimbot and unwanted cleo mods are really hard to detect but it's a shame that stuff like warp hacking, teleport hacks and what you call "troll hacks" can still go unnoticed while this server is more than 5 years old and we're living in 2018. If you'd put time in detecting these hacks and then automate the whole ban procedure (instead of warning admins just ban or kick the player if certain criteria are met) the server would be so much better: admin can spend their time on handling reports, players don't get killed the moment some paki feels like trolling and ban appeals won't take weeks to resolve.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eric_maxwell

Eric_maxwell Snitch

Character Name:
    eric_maxwell
    Hey hey hey @Roy the people with Hwarn willbe removed??????

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Roy

Roy Head Administrator Old School Hacking Investigator

Character Name:
    Roy_Scott
    Hackers have always been here and in my opinion they are not going anywhere any time soon. It's a game, everyone wants to be on the top, but they either do it in the good way or in the bad one. Same as real life, do cops always catch every criminal? Is every human who has committed a crime currently behind bars or in front of a judge/jury? Absolutely not.

We would obviously love to have a gaming community where everyone plays equally against the other; a community where everyone plays clean and enjoys their own gameplay; a community with 0 hackers. That would be the dream for anyone who has put/ is putting efforts into making things better, but sadly it isn't a possibility. Our aim is and has always been to at least DECREASE the amount of people hacking in order to make your gameplay at least a bit more enjoyable.

That's why these new harsh punishments were specifically implemented. We want people to realize the fact that if they hack and if they get caught, it's game-over. We have experienced people within the ban/hacking team who tirelessly work on a daily basis for a better community. (You should pay a visit to out private hacking section sometimes ;)). Rest assure that our one hundred percent is being given. We would also love to seize this opportunity and give friendly advice to anyone who is currently using hacks or planning to: Take the advice, seize the opportunity... remove your hacks before it's too late, you have been warned.

----------

That's correct. A mass unban gives a chance to almost every player, but it does not erase his/her past. Mistakes can be forgiven, but cannot be forgotten.

---------

Enforcing harsher rules is something to start with.

About ban appeal procedures: procedures have always been here, only that there wasn't any specific thread explaining how ban appeals exactly work. With me taking over the ban appeals department, I found it reasonable to make a public thread in order to clarify things or simply just answer any un-answered question which a player may have. Also, about procedures being changed every month, I have no clue what you are talking about.

We completely understand and acknowledge the fact that stuff like aimbot and different kind of troll-hacks are hard to bust. Not everything can be detected by the script, most of the things require a more sophisticated human eye. We have a strong ban and hacking team especially designed that. We CANNOT promise that we are going to bust every hacker, but what we CAN promise is that we will try our best.

About people waiting 2 weeks for their appeal to be resolved, it is completely false. I cannot recall any appeal being ignored for "weeks" as you are assuming. All ban appeals take 2-3 days in maximum in order to be fully resolved, excluding the management cases which obviously take more time.

7. Tugal

Tugal Junior Helper L.S.F.M.D

Character Name:
    Tugal_Howard
    Then, I will install s0beit once again to warp those motherfucking warpers for the sake of our beloved players.

8. Roy

Roy Head Administrator Old School Hacking Investigator

Character Name:
    Roy_Scott
    Unfortunately not.

Whoever received a hack warning should have thought twice before hacking - every bad action has its own consequences.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mado

Mado Old School

Character Name:
    Mado_Curry
    Fair point, we can never catch everyone but right now it's the complete opposite.

That's a good point for experienced players who built up things within the community (virtual fame, money, gangs, etc); they will whatever they gained when they're caught hacking. However there is a group of players who just join servers to use these troll and warp hacks to cause chaos and they don't care about losing their money as they don't have any. For them it's not "game-over" because they can just evade the ban. In fact it's extremely easy to avoid a ban in SAMP.

And now you probably think: "but we have a command to check the unique serial of a player!". Well that serial isn't unique and it's extremely easy to change it.

Yes and I, just like a lot of other people around here, appreciate their work but that doesn't take away the annoyance when some kid comes with warp hacks killing everyone.

The every month part as a parabolic statement of course

My point is that a lot of common hacks (like the warp and troll stuff) can very well be detected script-wise if you'd take the time to do so.

Most of the times a sophisticated anticheat could do the job as well. You don't need the human eye to notice a player enters 6 vehicles within 1 second and these 6 vehicles were at the other side of the map less than a second ago. You don't need the human eye to notice a player suddenly moves across the map despite there is no logical script-wise reason for that to happen. You don't need the human eye to notice a car suddenly goes airborn and catches fire despite nobody is inside it. You don't need the-...well I guess you get my point.

I am not moaning you (or anyone else who's involved in this) are doing a bad job or something, in fact quite the opposite, I am just saying it could be handled so much more efficiently.

10. GothAngel

GothAngel New Playa

Character Name:
    MurdaBlock
    so barney will make a mass unban? hell noooooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.