Reaction score
Question

In-Character Name:
Luke_Griffin​

Service:
SA:MP​

Question:
I've got 2 problems.

I've bought a new laptop yesterday and I had installed samp into the new system.
Everything was running fine and dandy and I was logged in. After 5 minutes, I left the game to download and install the rest of the basic softwares.
After doing that, now I am unable to open GTA (Singleplayr or samp). I double-click on the icon, it shows the loading sign and then nothing. How can I fix this?

Second issue, I have a 2gb NVIDIA 940M grapic card and Shadowplay should work but when I go to GeForce Experience, it shows this stupid message. Please help.

http://imgur.com/X5tO149

TroyK

Playa-Hater
Reaction score
Aha.You ll have to uninstall any mods you have PM me
I can help you.

Cuban

New Playa
Reaction score
@Luke its your settings I think.. go to documents then you gta san user files folder then your gonna see "gta_sa.set" delete completely see if that works.

playgod

New Playa
Reaction score
@Luke its your settings I think.. go to documents then you gta san user files folder then your gonna see "gta_sa.set" delete completely see if that works.
That should work and if it doesn't try adjusting your compatibility settings to Windows 98/me

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ok so it works when I delete gta_set
The thing is, I must delete it EVERYTIME I relog. That means all settings are lost. It's a pain in the ass to re-set my configurations everytime I relog (and trust me I relog aloot) Especially when I have to relog between a turf (what a wet blanket)

When I tried to make a shortcut for GeForce Experience and add -shadowplay to the target location, i get an error 'GeForce Experience has occured an error and it must close''

Jazzy

Old School 2013
Reaction score

Helper Team - Lawless Roleplay

Due to no response, I'll be closing this question within 24 hours if no suitable answer given.

Syl

New Playa
Reaction score
Luke, check for any new BIOS update this should probably fix your Shadowplay bug...

and for the GTA SA, you said deleting gta_set works, but you have to delete every time you login, so I would suggest you to make the gtasa folder inside documents "read-only" and login once, and then undo the "read-only" attribute, try doing these if it still doesn't work, i'm very sorry.

Congrats for your new lappy btw :D

Reaction score
I would suggest you to make the gtasa folder inside documents "read-only" and login once, and then undo the "read-only" attribute
Must I do this everytime I relog?
Update on the problem: I've noticed that if I re-set my graphic settings to the default ones before I quit fixes the problem.
Currently I am on 1280x720, FPS limit off, Widescreen on. I prefer these settings since playing on 800x600 on a 15.6inch laptop is so not cool..

Status
Not open for further replies.