Official Guide How to record my gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

Helper Team - Lawless Roleplay
Some days ago, I was recording my game-play as there was a hacker around Los Santos when suddenly my game minimized and there was this System Window telling me that the Hard Disk Drive is full and I need to remove some things before recording again.

I realized that "Bandicam" was using A LOT of storage to save my recordings and I tried almost everything to lower the weight of the videos/recordings.
I couldn't remove any of the past recordings I had because there are some worthy videos I just can't get rid of.

I used Fraps, Dxtory, ShadowPlay, HyperCam, Bandicam and none of them fixed my storage/recording issues (FPS problems as well).

A good friend of mine told me about this cool program called Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), and this is, my fellow americans, the answer to all your questions.

In this guide, I will show you why you should use OBS and not the s**tty software you are currently using.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are some of the PRO's I found using OBS:
  • Minimal memory usage.
  • Minimal storage use.
  • Minimal CPU usage.
  • 0 FPS drops.
  • Easy to set up.
  • Light videos and records.
These are some CON's I found using OBS:
  • Takes some time setting it up.
  • You need to configure it right or it may show some problems.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 1

Download OBS from the official webpage HERE.
Double click on the file you downloaded and install it.

STEP 2

Open OBS, a screen like this will be shown.

Click on the "File" option and then go to the Settings.

STEP 3

Go to the "Video" section and configure your settings:
  • "Base Resolution": Put your current monitor resolution.
  • "Output Resolution": Put your desired resolution for your recordings (I reccomend you to lower it if you have a slow pc)
  • "Downscale Filter": I suggest you to use Bilinear if you have a slow pc.
  • "FPS Values": I recommend you to put 30 FPS if you have a slow pc.
(Remember to balance the settings in your videos to keep the Chat readable)
STEP 4

Configure the hotkeys in your OBS.
Remember to put the same Key in both "Start" and "Stop" options. (I am using F10)
If you feel you need to add more hotkeys, there are plenty of options around there.

STEP 5

Run SAMP in the background (TAB out) and go to OBS.
Right-click on the black screen and go to "Add" > "Game Capture"

STEP 6

Click on the option "Create new" and name it however you want ("SAMP" for example) and click OK.

Now go to "Mode" > "Capture specific window".
Go to "Window" and chose the "[gta_sa.exe]: GTA:SA:MP" option.
Click on OK to save your settings.

STEP 7

Now, TAB In to your game and TAB out.
If you see this screen shown of your game running,
Congratulations, you have configured OBS well!
Now, It's time to use your hotkey to record your game and see if it works and if it doesn't need any other modification related to your Monitor, FPS, Resolution.

This is an example of how NOT TO RECORD A VIDEO (The chat is not legible)
If your records are like this, admins will probably deny your proofs and close the thread.
You can fix this by going into your "Video" settings and increase the "Output Resolution"

Now you know how to use a Wooden PC-friendly game recorder, use this to bust hackers or DM'ers properly.

If you have any question or problem about this software, please don't hesitate to post a thread **HERE** and don't forget to tag me.

(I definitely didn't get paid to make this guide to promote/advertise this software)

Reaction score
Use plays.tv. Instant upload and basic cropping/editing. I only use OBS for streaming and recording my XBOX gameplays. Thorough guide though.

Klevis

The Dictator
Retired Admin
Old School 2013
Reaction score
Level
Awards
Nice selfbust ser. Anyway I use fraps and product&share them using Camstadia 8 which is simple to use. Good job tho :D

Steven.

Snitch
Reaction score
Beautiful! Nice guide
BTW I was using all of this programs playstv,shadowplay ,... Ad when I tried this OBS is the best one.
I suggest this one guys
@pato nice guide mate thx.

Sent from my PAM412 using Tapatalk

Z.Anderson

New Playa
Reaction score
Hello Pato, great tutorial. I was wondering what output resolution you were using so I can avoid having unclear timestamps/chatlogs.

Reaction score
I am using this output resolution 960x540 but it depends on your screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.