New Playa
May 4, 2015
Joel Allen
lSZ8EUk.png

Earthquake Shakes Scared San Fierro Residents
By: Joel Allen | May 5, 2015

0sHl0qu.png

(Some of the ruins from the earthquake)

Doherty, San Fierro - Yesterday evening, in San Fierro, a magnitude 7.8 earthquake put some of the city to ruin. The epicentre of the earthquake was supposedly out in the middle of the Western Sea. The earthquake supposedly tore through the housing districts and some industrial areas, major cracking was seen on taller buildings. A local company called 'Final Build Construction' has been working endless amounts of hours to help out residents and rebuild some housing for the, now, homeless. The W.E.S.S.O.N (World Earthquake, Serious Storm and Oscillation Negators) have been blamed for their failure to warn the public and not attempting to use their new anti-earthquake technology. Repairs are estimated to cost around 500 million dollars and take around 4-5 months of hard labour to repair everything broken.

In response to the events the Phife Administration has put a generous offer forward to pay for one third of the repairs. Hopefully this will show the residents of San Fierro that Los Santos, asides the gang violence, is a nice place filled with caring individuals. Our thoughts go out to those who will be working to fix all the damages and keep people safe!

BYNyPLh.png

(Resident who lost his house)
We interviewed a local who had recently lost his home in the eastern suburbs of the city. He decided to keep his identity secret due to his bad past reputation. Here are some of the questions we asked:

Joel: Did you get injured during the Earthquake?
Man: I took a minor blow to the head from some rubble, one of the emergency doctors said I should be ok.
Joel: Is your family ok?
Man: My family is perfectly ok, apart from my brother who broke his arm while trying to escape his house.
Joel: I'm guessing your house is in a queue for rebuild, where will you stay for now?
Man: The bookings at the Jefferson Motel in Los Santos are currently full, I'll be staying in Las Venturas for now.
Joel: Alright, thank you sir.

Numerous people have been seriously injured and several people are known to either be dead or missing. Local doctors have issued a statement requesting that citizens of Los Santos do not pack out the hospital while the searches for people are undergoing as they will need the space in the hospitals to heal the wounded. As a death toll is currently being averaged, we have no further coverage of the event at the moment. Our prayers go out to all the people who are going through suffering in these dark times.

((
You can post a comment by using this format:
Code:
Name:
Comment:
))

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Tiber

The Solar Deity
Retired Admin
Aug 17, 2013
Name: Tiber Septim
Comment: The PD has had to respond to a few calls out there due to the SFPD's main headquarters being destroyed. Best of luck to all in the struggle.

Reactions: 3 people

Leiionidas

Retired Admin
Apr 11, 2013
Leii_Maddox
Name: Leii Maddox
Comment: I guess they had a very... shaky... experience. I guess you could say the earth... trembled at the idea of so many people being injured.

Reactions: 4 people

Petee

Snitch
May 23, 2013
Pete_Murdoc
Name: Pete Murdoc
Comment: That god damn W.E.S.S.O.N hope it never returns, bless them all

Reactions: 2 people

Klevis

The Dictator
Retired Admin
Aug 1, 2013
Klevis
Name: Klevis Simel
Comment: Well my currently location is Las Venturas and I heard this from San Andreas News Network (SAN Network). Las Venturas had a little erthquake. Hope that everyone are ok.

Jun 18, 2014
Nick_Septim
Name: Nick Septim
Comment: First thing produced from SAN that I would class as well written. Well done sir!

Leroy

Retired Admin
Nov 14, 2014
Name: Leroy Gelson
Comment: Woaah! I hope we are safe in Los Santos! God!

~Omry~

Banned
Feb 22, 2014
Omry
Name: Omry Prime
Comment: I assume that we should feel 'happy'! god blessed us, and he'll bless San Fierro!
I heard that this was caused by an alien(s) attack(s)!

Status
Not open for further replies.