1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, please to gain full access to the Lawless Roleplay Community.
  3. Lawless Discord Server

Hey Guest! Did you know that Lawless Roleplay has an official Discord Server?
    You can also link your link your Discord account to your forum account for ultimate verification!
    Click here to check Lawless Discord server
    Click here to link your Discord account
  4. Hey Guest, subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Make sure you hit that SUBSCRIBE button to stay up to date for the latest video from our MultiMedia Team
  1. Agent 69

Agent 69 Banned

I've decided to make a tutorial on how you use autohotkey, I'm not the best in using it but I know the basics.

I'm going to divide this tutorial in to part for part. My English is not the best but I hope you can understand what I am typing, if you don't understand or got a question then please contact me privately and I will explain it better to you.

Downloads:

All you need to have is Autohotkey, there is no other programs required to run autohotkey. Autohotkey's website can be found herehttp://www.autohotkey.com/ . For you new people, if you believe this is a virus, then you can virus scan the file with VirusTotal, VirusScan or your own virus program on your computer. However, I guarantee you that there is no viruses in autohotkey as I believe 20/30 percent of the players of Lawless RolePlay uses Autohotkey.

Installation:

Installing a program is pretty simple, once you have downloaded autohotkey then save it somewhere where you will remember it, in my case I've got Google Chrome so it automatic saves it in a folder called "Downloaded Files". Click on the installer and wait for a window to pop up.

You can basically click "Next" till the window where you get to select the componets to install, I will only pick the main program here and so should you as that is what we need. After that you have picked your componets you want, hit "Next". Now in this window you can chose where you want to install your autohotkey to, this is for advanced users that is used to installing programs, I will use the default - Hit install and then finish once it's finished.

Using Autohotkey:

Go to start > All programs > Autohotkey and run the Autohotkey.exe. When you have started the Autohotkey.exe there should pop up a green icon on your taskbar.

Right click on the green icon, and choose "Edit this script". Now, a notepad document should pop up with a bunch of text, delete all the text and make the document all white (NOTE: It could open with another txt. reader program if you do not have notepad). Now, it's in this document you need to write in all of your binds. I will try to explain it as good as possible, please let me know if you didn't understand.

This is how you create for an example, a /me bind saying *Your_name smiles.*

#IfWinActive GTA: SA: MP
    ;^!n::
    ;IfWinExist Untitled - Notepad
    ;WinActivate
    ;else
    ;Run Notepad
    ;return

Code:

Key = Replace with a key you want to use, if you want to use numpad 8 then you have to type numpad8 or if you want to use any other key then you have to type in the name of the key.

tsomethinghere = Remove "somethinghere" and replace with a / or just text, if you put a / that means the bind will be used for a command - if you want to make a bind that types in the normal chat box then just add a space after t and type your text.

{enter} = This is not required to put, if you want your bind to auto-send your text in your game you have to add this in the end, if you don't add this you will have to press enter yourself.

{!} = This is basically a ! - You may NEVER put a random ! in a bind, you MUST use {!} else your game will crash.

So our bind should look like:

Key:: SendInput t/s Put your hands up! This is a robbery{!} ((/handsup)){enter}

If you don't want to shout it and you want it in the normal chat, then it would look like

Key:: SendInput t Put your hands up! This is a robbery{!} ((/handsup)){enter}

Double Lined Binds:

So if you want to make a bind that sends more than one line when you press on the Key that you pick, you basically start off by doing the same thing -

Key:: SendInput t/s Put your hands up! This is a robbery{!} ((/handsup)){enter}

What you do now is basically adding a t after {enter} and then continuing on how you want, if you want to auto-do a /me after the /s then you could do it like:

Key:: SendInput t/s Put your hands up! This is a robbery{!} ((/handsup)){enter}t/me smiles.{enter}

Or if you want a normal chat text..

Key:: SendInput t/s Put your hands up! This is a robbery{!} ((/handsup)){enter}t Be quiet and don't fucking move, you piece of shit{!}{enter}

You can add as many lines as you want to in a bind - Just remember that admins might kick you for spam!

Some examples

Code:

Numpad8:: SendInput t/s State Police, put your hands up and don't move{enter}

Numpad7:: SendInput t/s I've got a tazer and I will use it - Comply{enter}t/tazer

Numpad6:: SendInput t/tazer{enter}

Numpad5:: SendInput t/me reaches for his belt and unholsters his cuffs.{enter}t/cuff{right 1}

Numpad4:: SendInput t/radio Officer Green requesting backup at my 10-20 - Code 0{enter}t/backup{enter}

Numpad3:: SendInput t You have the right to remain silent.{enter}t Anything you say, can and will be used against you in the court of law.{enter}t You have the right to be appointed an attorney, However, if you can not afford one,{enter}t an attorney will be provided for you at the governments expense.{enter}

Numpad2:: SendInput t/me reaches for his belt and unholsters his glock40.{enter}

Numpad1:: SendInput t/me reaches for his belt and holsters his glock40.{enter}

F1:: SendInput t/m State Police - Pull over to the side of the road{!}{enter}

F2:: SendInput t/m Driver get out with your hands up, passengers remain seated{!}{enter}

Sleeps

^B::
    Sendinput tYou have the right to remain silent.{enter}
    Sleep 2000
    Sendinput tAnything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law.{enter}
    Sleep 2000
    Sendinput t[Etc]
    Return

That merely spaces out your lines so you don't end up getting a spam warning IG. Make sure you add that 'Return' line, or else you'll continue onto your next command. And that'd make you look like a douche.

Also

Using ^ before your key, eg. ^B, allows you to vary your binds, freeing up more keys for use.
    All you need to do is press control and the key. In this case, it would be Ctrl + B.

Similarly, the same can be done with the ! key, eg. !B. This results in you having to press Alt + B for the macro to go through.

The End

1. Copy/paste into notepad and save as Player.ahk &/or Host.ahk & save to desktop
    2. To activate or change the script you need when the game is running hit Ctrl/Esc/Run script(double click)
    3. Back to game. Do not open chatbox to use AutoHotKey

Signed:

Dominic Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Agent 69

Agent 69 Banned

I hope you all like it stay safe los santos Peace!

3. Agent 69

Agent 69 Banned

So i hope you guys Like my guide

i`m going to work on an other one so....

Stay Safe Los Santos Peace!

4. TheoR

TheoR Mark

Character Name:
    Theo-Rossi
    Nice guide. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  5. AlmightyReaper

AlmightyReaper

Character Name:
    Clint
    Hey man im feeling like a retard for asking this .. but could you explain me what to type to do this :

/m LSPD ! , Pullover Right now , if you resist you will be charged!

6. HankS

HankS Advisory Committee Donator Old School

Character Name:
    Hanko
    Which key is it in fo?

Numpad2::
    SendInput t/m LSPD!, Pullover. ..{enter}

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

7. AlmightyReaper

AlmightyReaper

Character Name:
    Clint