1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, please to gain full access to the Lawless Roleplay Community.
  3. Lawless Discord Server

Hey Guest! Did you know that Lawless Roleplay has an official Discord Server?
    You can also link your link your Discord account to your forum account for ultimate verification!
    Click here to check Lawless Discord server
    Click here to link your Discord account
  4. Hey Guest, subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Make sure you hit that SUBSCRIBE button to stay up to date for the latest video from our MultiMedia Team
  1. Lend

Lend

Character Name:
    Lend
    Brief Introduction:
    I had been searching for quite a time for things to fix my low FPS. Below, I have put together all the working fixes I have found so far for everyone out there who has low FPS and who wants to enjoy their game without lags. After using all fixes below, your FPS will at least double your current FPS, no matter what system you are using.

If your FPS is already good, then this is NOT for you. I am posting this to help those who have low FPS.

What you will have after using all fixes below:No sounds, resulting in great FPS increase overall. (You can skip this if you want to hear sounds. See FAQ #1 at end of post for details)
    • Low quality textures resulting in a bit more FPS
    • Original timecyc with reduced draw distance resulting in great FPS increase
    • No sand when shooting on ground saving much FPS loss
    • No gun smoke, no gun flash, no gun shells resulting in a bit more FPS
    • No small grass and leaves on grounds resulting in more FPS
    • No moon, no stars, no coronas on headlights or lampposts resulting in a bit more FPS at night
    • Black mirrors resulting in small FPS increase when you are near mirrors
    • No motion blur, no heat haze resulting in more FPS on high speeds or hot weather
    • No clouds (especially no laggy clouds at high altitudes)
    • No lightning on vehicles making them appear a bit dark resulting in a small FPS increase

Instructions:

1. Get a clean unmodded GTA

• MODS = LAGS
    • If you don't have a clean GTA, you will have problems later on with these fixes
    So, get a clean install of GTA San Andreas without any mods whatsoever. To make sure there are no previous mods left, uninstall SAMP, then uninstall GTA San Andreas and after uninstalling, remove \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder as well.
    • Also delete the gta_sa.set located in My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\ folder (For Windows XP users) OR in Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\ folder (For Windows Vista or Windows 7 users).
    • Deleting gta_sa.set resets your Options to default state. Don't worry, this file gets auto-generated when you start your GTA.
    • Install a clean GTA San Andreas and SAMP without any mods
    • Connect to any server on SAMP. Type /fpslimit 90 in chat and press Enter.
    • Press Esc while in-game. Go to Options > Display Settings > Advanced
    • There, turn Draw Distance to minimum. Turn off Frame Limiter. Set FX Quality to Low. Set Anti-aliasing to No. Set Mip-mapping to No. Reduce Screen Resolution to 800x600x16 (or even 640x480x16 if your PC is really slow)
    • Close the game

2. Shrink your gta3.img using GTA Shrinker

• Download GTA Shrinker: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qr3rwd5z1cttnq8/GTAShrinkerWin.zip
    • Extract the file anywhere
    • Open GTAShrinkerWin.exe
    • Enter your correct GTA San Andreas main directory in first box
    • Click Shrink button to start shrinking of your gta3.img file
    • Wait till it is finished.
    • Almost all your in-game textures including weapons, skins, roads, trees etc. will now be half resolution. Also your sniper crosshair will look ugly (Don't worry though, we will fix it in next few lines using TXD Workshop)
    • Download latest version of TXD Workshop from here: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=8320
    • Open TXD Workshop. Click Open IMG button. Navigate to your GTA San Andreas\models folder and open gta3.img. Type tree_hipoly19.dff in search box at bottom-left of screen. Right-click tree_hipoly19.dff in the panel above search box. Choose Replace from the menu. Replace with tree_hipoly19.dff included in this download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/shziu4t15s8sdxm/tree_hipoly19.dff
    • Doing this will replace a laggy tree around Mt. Chilliad and Whetstone countryside areas with a non-laggy one which saves a lot of FPS from being lost in those areas
    • Type sniper.txd in search box at bottom-left of screen. Click sniper.txd in the panel above search box. Click SNIPERcrosshair file in middle panel. Click Import button. Replace with SNIPERcrosshair file included in this download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfmceiy84b0i2x7/SNIPERcrosshair.png . Click Save TXD button. Doing this has restored your Sniper Crosshair with original one. It won't look ugly anymore.
    • Close TXD Workshop

3. Use low quality particles and effects
    • Download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdxuw5p0bul4ft8/lowqualityeffects.zip
    • Extract and copy-paste all files to \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\ folder
    Overwrite files when asked

4. Use Maximum FPS Timecyc
    Download this max FPS timecyc and gta_sa.exe required to run it:https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hvjiulb6am6qw0/maxfpstimecyc.zip
    Extract the files
    Copy-paste the downloaded gta_sa.exe to \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder. Overwrite when asked.
    Copy-paste the downloaded timecyc.aaa file to \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\ folder. Overwrite if asked.

5. Use crashes.asi
    • Download latest crashes.asi: https://github.com/Whitetigerswt/gtasa_crashfix/releases
    • Copy crashes.asi to \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder
    • Download asi loader: hhttp://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=8321
    • Extract and copy-paste all files to \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder
    • Start your game once, then close it
    • Using Notepad, open crashes.cfg file which got generated in \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder
    • There, you will see some values like brightness, mousefix etc.
    Change sound 1 to sound 0 (This will disable all in-game sounds saving huge FPS loss when shooting)
    Change vehiclelighting 1 to vehiclelighting 0 (This will disable vehicle lightning giving a small FPS increase)
    Change specularvehicle 1 to specularvehicle 0 (This will disable vehicle specular lightning giving a small FPS increase)
    • crashes.asi has many other features too like quick connect, a lot of crash fixes, maximum fps limit remover, mousefix for Windows 8 users and much more. Read the crashes.cfg_readme for further details.
    • Also, the best thing about crashes.asi is that it is allowed on Whitetiger's AC since it is released by Whitetiger himself. So, you can use crashes.asi without any problem on AC.
    • In fact, every single fix mentioned in this guide is allowed on AC. I use these all. You won't get into any problems.

That's it! You can now enjoy having maximum FPS that your PC can attain for SAMP!

Frequently Asked Questions:

FAQ #1: I can't hear any sounds ingame! What to do?
    Answer: Since you used sound 0 line in crashes.cfg, you will not hear any sound in-game, which causes great increase in FPS. However, if you still want to hear sounds back, then open crashes.cfg using Notepad and change the line sound 0 to sound 1. Close and save the file and restart game to hear sounds again. But remember this: Sounds cause FPS loss.

FAQ #2: Brightness is too high in-game! What to do?
    Answer: Try changing brightness -1 to some other value in crashes.cfg

FAQ #3: Everything in game looks ugly! What to do?
    Answer: In Step 3 above, you shrinked your gta3.img. This is why almost every texture in-game is half resolution, which makes your game look ugly but gives you more FPS. You can restore your original gta3.img by deleting the shrinked gta3.img and renaming gta3.img.bak to gta3.img. However, I wouldn't recommend using original gta3.img since you will lose FPS which you could easily save by using a shrinked gta3.img

Source : LINK

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mr.Ellison

Mr.Ellison New Playa

So ur asking to turn out gta sa to gta1

3. Lend

Lend

Character Name:
    Lend
    That's what I was using on my old computer , and It went from 20 to 45 FPS.
    This guide is for people who wants to enjoy playing GTA on their sitty computers.

4. Rhys

Rhys

Character Name:
    BronxDM
    I get NO lag but thank you for the max frames per second thing, always wanted know to how people got over 100 since mine is alaways locked at 100.

5. Alex_Sheen

Alex_Sheen Buster

Character Name:
    Theo_S_Rodriguez
    Will try this on my wooden pc..

6. Lend

Lend

Character Name:
    Lend
    Nice but high FPS is useful only for sunc shooting.

7. ~~~ Scar Luciano ~~~

~~~ Scar Luciano ~~~ Hustler

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lend

Lend

Character Name:
    Lend
  9. Tye

Tye

Character Name:
    Tye
    Great guide, thanks for posting it

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sona™

Sona™ Donator

Character Name:
    Sona_Amphibia
    I suppose if you have a 800+ pound PC, the FPS should not be an issue regarding with the high specs :). I can play any game and i get know issues.
    I get 80-90 FPS on my pc when it comes to GTA sa-mp