Reaction score
Awards
Question

In-Character Name:
george_hanko​

Service:
SA:MP​

Question:
lets say i were to buy a custom island +large land. will the land cover the entire island so i can build anywhere on that island. guess its a weird question because no one ever did it before but i would like to know​

Reaction score
I don't think so, the Private Island is way bigger than a normal Large Land area.

Christian Dodge

Senior Administrator
Junior Developer
Advisory Committee
Hippie Pipe Plumbers
Old School 2013
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I can suggest that you don't get a private island, you're better off just getting two large lands. I do think a large land might be big enough to cover a smaller mapped private island (or most of it), but not a massive one.

Pako

Head Administrator
Old School 2013
Reaction score
Level
Awards
It actually depends on the size of the Island.

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

George Hanko

Hustler
Reaction score
Awards
It actually depends on the size of the Island.

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk
Yeah it's kind of hard to explain and to visualize but let's say this is the land's size

By covering the entire land I only mean the part on where you can build, the border(rocks) not included.

Pako

Head Administrator
Old School 2013
Reaction score
Level
Awards
Yeah it's kind of hard to explain and to visualize but let's say this is the land's size

By covering the entire land I only mean the part on where you can build, the border(rocks) not included.
Uhm.. As I said above, it depends on the size of the Island, if the size is fit for a large land, yes you can have one.

George Hanko

Hustler
Reaction score
Awards
Uhm.. As I said above, it depends on the size of the Island, if the size is fit for a large land, yes you can have one.
Are there standard measures for a large land then, because I don't think every large land is the same size.

Franz

Restaurateur
Retired Admin
Old School 2013
Reaction score
Level
Awards
Are there standard measures for a large land then, because I don't think every large land is the same size.
There aren't. They roughly estimate the size as they compare them to current large lands. However, I'd apply common sense and, if someone is actually willing to donate for an Island and a large land, both very expensive, I'd let him edit the whole area..
Nonetheless, if it's a new island, meaning they will have to create a new one instead of copy/pasting one of the current islands, you may also have a talk with the mappers in charge of creating your land and let them know how exactly you want it. Then place your land on a side of the Island where you think you'll make the most edits.

Reactions: Pato

Barney

Management
Reaction score
Level
Awards
As private islands are in remote locations (ie. far away from other lands), we can cover the entire island with a large land. The size restriction is there to prevent streaming issues with nearby lands and as islands are in the middle of the ocean, we can cover it entirely without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.