Reaction score
Question

In-Character Name:
Cynthia_Tucker​

Service:
SA:MP​

Question:
Hello guys,

Recently I've been getting FPS drops on games that I run smoothly with 60 FPS (such as San Andreas, but also games like Warframe or Skyrim). I don't know why this is happening, I've recently cleaned my computer from any dust so it's not overheating. If anything, it doesn't even get hot when I play a game like San Andreas.

Basically, what happens is that I'm running the game fine, no problems at all, steady 60 FPS frame rate, and then suddenly it drops to like 3 FPS for about 5 seconds or so, and then goes back to 60 FPS and acts like nothing happened. It doesn't happen frequently, but happens enough times to annoy the shit out of me.

It's not just on San Andreas, It happens pretty much with every game that I play. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I have a feeling it's something software related that's running in the background.

I own a pretty strong computer so it's definitely not my specs that is causing the issue, especially because I've never had this happen to me before.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've managed to capture a video that explains the exact issue that im having: 60 fps, lag spikes, 60 fps: http://plays.tv/video/57956cb027462a63a9/fps-spike-test

Note that the reason the video itself isn't 60 fps is because the video is recorded in 30 fps.​

Last edited:

Fu$ion

Banned
Reaction score
How old is your hard drive?
do you only notice frame drops while gaming?
When was the last time you did a clean install of windows?

Cynthia

Retired Admin
Reaction score
How old is your hard drive?
do you only notice frame drops while gaming?
When was the last time you did a clean install of windows?
My hard drive is about 1.5 years old
Only noticed when i'm playing a game
probably about a year ago

Sona.

General Administrator
Reaction score
My hard drive is about 1.5 years old
Only noticed when i'm playing a game
probably about a year ago
Is this FPD drop accruing when different locations with in the Map!

It's not just on San Andreas, It happens pretty much with every game that I play.
I suggest you update all your drives, however they may effect the games regarding updating the drives in your PC.

I had to update my drives and my GTA sa wouldn't work, so i had to reinstall it!

Fu$ion

Banned
Reaction score
Trying uninstalling some programs you don't use or try updating your gpu driver.

Cynthia

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Is this FPD drop accruing when different locations with in the Map!

I suggest you update all your drives, however they may effect the games regarding updating the drives in your PC.

I had to update my drives and my GTA sa wouldn't work, so i had to reinstall it!
It doesn't matter where I am on the map, it happens everywhere and in every game that I play. All my drivers are also up to date.

Trying uninstalling some programs you don't use or try updating your gpu driver.
I frequently uninstall stuff from my hard drive that I don't use, I'll go through it one more time to see if there's stuff i can delete. I also have all my drivers up to date.

Dax

Buster
Reaction score
Check this video , maybe will fix something.

Cynthia

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Check this video , maybe will fix something.

I'm sorry, but that's not my problem at all. did you even read what I said?

I can run the game at 60 fps at all times, and it's happening to every game that I play.

Toompert

Management
Reaction score
I had it too but that was caused by malware apparently, it stopped after I ran Hitman Pro from surfright.... Are you sure your pc is clean (software-wise)?

Cynthia

Retired Admin
Reaction score
I had it too but that was caused by malware apparently, it stopped after I ran Hitman Pro from surfright.... Are you sure your pc is clean (software-wise)?
I have my AVG running automatic scans that always come out clean, and my last manual scan showed no signs of malware except for files that were trusted. I could always try using malwarebytes though, although i highly doubt anything is more sensitive than AVG LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.