Answered custom skin help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonard_Andersonn

New Playa
Reaction score
i downloaded a skin from a youtuber i watch an i searched how to make custom skins an it said i needed a program called txd or sum like that so i put the skin in there an now when i go to the server an go to a store to see if the skin worked it crashes my game anytime i try to go to the page the skins on...
is there a mod or sum i have to dl to be able to use custom skins?
how do i fix it?
i cant find any new/good tuts for custom skins so i figure i would ask here

Reaction score
download imgtool download the skins, open the .img file that has the skin then replace it with the .txd file you have

Erick

Retired Admin
La Raza
Reaction score
I suggest you to visit this website www.gamemodding.net
Tons of mod you might like here, all you need to do is click, click and click. you dont need any specific files or something for downloading the mod.

Leonard_Andersonn

New Playa
Reaction score
download imgtool download the skins, open the .img file that has the skin then replace it with the .txd file you have
thanks it worked but the page wit the old skin still crashes my game do u kno how to fix this?

Reaction score
thanks it worked but the page wit the old skin still crashes my game do u kno how to fix this?
I suggest reinstalling your GTA for a more stable gameplay, then just use imgtool to change the skins again

Jazzy

Old School 2013
Reaction score

Helper Team - Lawless Roleplay

Moved to Support section.

Here's a tip, always create a backup before installing any modification, even if it's a small change to your game - the smallest issue could cause the biggest problem.
Now, install a fresh copy of gta3.img into your models folder, you can find it on quite a lot of websites. After installing a fresh copy you can go ahead and install your new modification that worked earlier (remember to create a backup of your gta3.img before installing).

(**NOTE: Posting original gta3.img files is prohibited within our forums, if you fail to follow this simple rule you will be warned or possibly banned. You may only post modifications that are not original GTA files, also any modification with advantages will be removed without any notification.**)

Pending @Leonard_Andersonn's response.

Frankenstein

Hustler
Reaction score
You have to either go to GTA SA folder >> models >> GTA3. Right-click on gta3 > restore previous versions
if there is not any previous version, I suggest to reinstall your Gta.
for the next time, use Gtamodding.net for skins, mods. etc.

Jazzy

Old School 2013
Reaction score

Helper Team - Lawless Roleplay

Friendly reminder, @Leonard_Andersonn

Due to no response within 24 hours, I'll be forced to lock and move this thread if no feedback is given by the questioner in another 24 hours.

Duke Blitz

Hard-ass
Reaction score
Could you be more clear?

If your custom skin isn't appearing ingame then there could be several reasons;

- You named your custom skin wrong. The name of the skin must be something from this list -> https://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Skins:All (Model name). You cant have custom name for it. Ex: It should be bfyst.dff / bfyst.txd and not nigger.dff / nigger.txd

- The skins TXD files arent compressed. If it isnt compressed then you would either see the skin appear totally white or invisible.

- If you are using Alci IMG tool or anything similar, always make sure to rebuild the image file after you replace your skin. There's an option in the program called 'rebuild'.

- If the skin worked and your game is crashing then please post the crash log/dump. I will analyze what's making your game crash.

Always try installing mods via modloader. It's very easy. Here's my tutorial about it -> http://lawlessrp.com/threads/how-to-install-mods-the-easy-way.63748/

Status
Not open for further replies.