PNucHvZ.png

COVID-19 Myths and
How to Protect Yourself

A San Andreas
News article

Xgyitzs.png

Author: Martin Garrix
Date: Jun 10th, 2020

Tags: COVID-19, pandemic, virus, Coronavirus, health, myths.

Introduction

The disease known as COVID-19 is caused by a strain of the coronavirus family called SARS-CoV-2. Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19. Most people who get COVID-19 will recover from it. But the origin of the virus and false myths are still out there somewhere. Today, we will shed light on these myths through our interview with Dr. Jay Hudson, commissioner of Los Santos Fire and Medical Department.

LgKllWQ.jpg

Photo: A patient is being treated by an LSFMD member. He has many symptoms of being infected with Coronavirus. Photo taken by the SAN News staff.

Interview

(This is the full interview with the lead of the Fire and Medical Dept, Dr. Jay Hudson. Recorded by SAN News.)
Interviewer: Good morning, Doctor.
Dr. Hudson: Good morning, how are you?
Interviewer: I'm fantastic, how are you?

Dr. Hudson: Great, thank you.
Interviewer: Dr. Hudson, it is such an honor for us to have a conversation with you today.
Dr. Hudson: Pleasure is all mine.
Interviewer: Excuse me, can I call you Dr. Hudson or Jay, which one would you prefer?
Dr. Hudson: Please just call me Jay, we're all helping each other here.
Interviewer: So, Doc.... I.. I mean, Jay, there is a myth that says drinking alcohol can protect you against COVID-19, is it true?
Dr. Hudson: Absolutely not, this is totally false. In fact, drinking alcohol can increase your risk of heart problems and weaken your immune system.
Interviewer: Onto the next myth, which states that adding pepper to your soup or any other kind of meals prevents or cures COVID-19 What is your perspective on this?
Dr. Hudson: From my professional experience, the best way to prevent COVID-19 is social distancing; keep at least 4 feet away from others and wash your hands frequently. Adding pepper to your food will improve the food's taste but...
Interviewer: I have to agree on that.
Dr. Hudson: ...but it will not help you cure or prevent the virus.
Interviewer: That's right, that's right. What about the rumor that says COVID-19 can be transmitted through houseflies... What do you say about this?
Dr. Hudson: Wow, I didn't think people can be that creative *laughs* but no, that is also false. There is no evidence or information to suggest that the virus has been transmitted through houseflies.
Interviewer: How about 5G mobile network, can that spread the virus?
Dr. Hudson: No, this is so wrong.
Interviewer: Yes, that's what I thought.
Dr. Hudson: People have to understand that viruses cannot, I repeat, cannot travel through any type of radio waves or mobile networks.
Interviewer: I believe so too. Well, enough for the nonsense myths, I believe at this moment we have so much better knowledge about the virus. Thanks to you, Doctor.
Dr. Hudson: No problem.
Interviewer: Another part of this interview is about how can we protect ourselves from getting the virus most effectively? Can...
Dr. Hudson: Yes?
Interviewer: Can you tell us about what are the best ways to avoid this virus?
Dr. Hudson: Of course. The first thing I have to tell you is keeping yourself clean is the key.
Interviewer: Right...
Dr. Hudson: Wash your hands, with soap, for at least 20 seconds, clean yourself,... Wearing a mask when you go out in public is also really important. And last but not least, social distancing.
Interviewer: Yes...
Dr. Hudson: Remember to ALWAYS keep a distance from other people, of at least 4 feet. I believe if we all follow everything that I said earlier, we can win this in no time.
Interviewer: Absolutely. Well, thank you, Dr. Jay Hudson, for being here with us and talk about how to keep us safe.
Dr. Hudson: You're so welcome.
Interviewer: Thank you all for listening to us. This is Martin Garrix from San Andreas News. Stay safe, stay healthy and I will see you soon!

NVzLPfh.png

A picture of the interview with Dr. Jay Hudson. Photo taken by the SAN News staff.

Summary

Below are the myths that were confirmed FALSE by Dr. Jay Hudson:
  • Drinking alcohol can protect you against COVID-19.
  • Adding pepper to your soup or any other kind of meal does prevent or cure COVID-19.
  • COVID-19 can be transmitted through houseflies.
  • 5G mobile network can spread the virus.
How to prevent yourself from getting the virus:
  • Wash your hands with soap at least 20 seconds.
  • Wear a mask in public.
  • Social distancing (at least 4 feet)

Conclusion

We at SAN News suggest every citizen of Los Santos stay home, stay healthy, listen to official news from the government, and other reliable sources.

To the delivery and health-care workers, we love you and appreciate you for your hard work during this hard time.

Together, we believe we will get through this in no time.

Stay safe!

Credits

Special Credits to Jay Hudson, Muham Munir, Yuval Teny, Shane Versoza for their availability. Photographies taken by Clyde Grothman.

Dec 20, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahha

Jay Hudson

Classic
Mar 27, 2016
PNucHvZ.png

COVID-19 Myths and
How to Protect Yourself

A San Andreas
News article

Xgyitzs.png

Author: Martin Garrix
Date: Jun 10th, 2020

Tags: COVID-19, pandemic, virus, Coronavirus, health, myths.

Introduction

The disease known as COVID-19 is caused by a strain of the coronavirus family called SARS-CoV-2. Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19. Most people who get COVID-19 will recover from it. But the origin of the virus and false myths are still out there somewhere. Today, we will shed light on these myths through our interview with Dr. Jay Hudson, commissioner of Los Santos Fire and Medical Department.

LgKllWQ.jpg

Photo: A patient is being treated by an LSFMD member. He has many symptoms of being infected with Coronavirus. Photo taken by the SAN News staff.

Interview

(This is the full interview with the lead of the Fire and Medical Dept, Dr. Jay Hudson. Recorded by SAN News.)
Interviewer: Good morning, Doctor.
Dr. Hudson: Good morning, how are you?
Interviewer: I'm fantastic, how are you?

Dr. Hudson: Great, thank you.
Interviewer: Dr. Hudson, it is such an honor for us to have a conversation with you today.
Dr. Hudson: Pleasure is all mine.
Interviewer: Excuse me, can I call you Dr. Hudson or Jay, which one would you prefer?
Dr. Hudson: Please just call me Jay, we're all helping each other here.
Interviewer: So, Doc.... I.. I mean, Jay, there is a myth that says drinking alcohol can protect you against COVID-19, is it true?
Dr. Hudson: Absolutely not, this is totally false. In fact, drinking alcohol can increase your risk of heart problems and weaken your immune system.
Interviewer: Onto the next myth, which states that adding pepper to your soup or any other kind of meals prevents or cures COVID-19 What is your perspective on this?
Dr. Hudson: From my professional experience, the best way to prevent COVID-19 is social distancing; keep at least 4 feet away from others and wash your hands frequently. Adding pepper to your food will improve the food's taste but...
Interviewer: I have to agree on that.
Dr. Hudson: ...but it will not help you cure or prevent the virus.
Interviewer: That's right, that's right. What about the rumor that says COVID-19 can be transmitted through houseflies... What do you say about this?
Dr. Hudson: Wow, I didn't think people can be that creative *laughs* but no, that is also false. There is no evidence or information to suggest that the virus has been transmitted through houseflies.
Interviewer: How about 5G mobile network, can that spread the virus?
Dr. Hudson: No, this is so wrong.
Interviewer: Yes, that's what I thought.
Dr. Hudson: People have to understand that viruses cannot, I repeat, cannot travel through any type of radio waves or mobile networks.
Interviewer: I believe so too. Well, enough for the nonsense myths, I believe at this moment we have so much better knowledge about the virus. Thanks to you, Doctor.
Dr. Hudson: No problem.
Interviewer: Another part of this interview is about how can we protect ourselves from getting the virus most effectively? Can...
Dr. Hudson: Yes?
Interviewer: Can you tell us about what are the best ways to avoid this virus?
Dr. Hudson: Of course. The first thing I have to tell you is keeping yourself clean is the key.
Interviewer: Right...
Dr. Hudson: Wash your hands, with soap, for at least 20 seconds, clean yourself,... Wearing a mask when you go out in public is also really important. And last but not least, social distancing.
Interviewer: Yes...
Dr. Hudson: Remember to ALWAYS keep a distance from other people, of at least 4 feet. I believe if we all follow everything that I said earlier, we can win this in no time.
Interviewer: Absolutely. Well, thank you, Dr. Jay Hudson, for being here with us and talk about how to keep us safe.
Dr. Hudson: You're so welcome.
Interviewer: Thank you all for listening to us. This is Martin Garrix from San Andreas News. Stay safe, stay healthy and I will see you soon!

NVzLPfh.png

A picture of the interview with Dr. Jay Hudson. Photo taken by the SAN News staff.

Summary

Below are the myths that were confirmed FALSE by Dr. Jay Hudson:
  • Drinking alcohol can protect you against COVID-19.
  • Adding pepper to your soup or any other kind of meal does prevent or cure COVID-19.
  • COVID-19 can be transmitted through houseflies.
  • 5G mobile network can spread the virus.
How to prevent yourself from getting the virus:
  • Wash your hands with soap at least 20 seconds.
  • Wear a mask in public.
  • Social distancing (at least 4 feet)

Conclusion

We at SAN News suggest every citizen of Los Santos stay home, stay healthy, listen to official news from the government, and other reliable sources.

To the delivery and health-care workers, we love you and appreciate you for your hard work during this hard time.

Together, we believe we will get through this in no time.

Stay safe!

Credits

Special Credits to Jay Hudson, Muham Munir, Yuval Teny, Shane Versoza for their availability. Photographies taken by Clyde Grothman.
Wheres my contribution martin

Status
Not open for further replies.